MAME 0.61 was released on 4 July 2002.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Razoola improved the raster effects handling in the NeoGeo games.
- Barry Rodewald added preliminary support for raster effects in CPS2 games.
- Jarek Burczynski fixed the Y8950 conflicting with YM3812/YM3526 in some SNK games.
- Acho A. Tang fixed the collision detection in Labyrinth Runner and Fast Lane.
- Shiriru and made several fixes to the F3 games.
- Aaron Giles did a major redesign of the OS interface for the display update.
- VIDEO_SUPPORTS_DIRTY flag removed
- osd_mark_dirty() removed
- osd_create_display() now takes an extra parameter rgb_components
- osd_set_visible_area() removed
- osd_allocate_colors() removed
- osd_modify_pen() removed
- osd_update_video_and_audio() now takes a mame_display pointer
- osd_debugger_focus() removed
- osd_set/get_gamma() removed
- osd_set/get_brightness() removed
- Aaron Giles completely redesigned the artwork handling. Any game can now use artwork, with no specific support in the driver. Configuration is done with external .art files.
- -noartcrop -- crops artwork to the game screen area only
- -nobackdrop -- enables/disables backdrop art
- -nooverlay -- enables/disables overlay art
- -nobezel -- enables/disables bezel art
- Aaron Giles changed the Windows version so it now rotates the screen at blit time instead of requiring the core to do so. Since the new code is usually faster than the old one, and it allows for great simplifications in the core, rotation at blit time will probably be a requirement in next release. Porters are advised to begin implementing it now.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added