MAME 0.62 was released on 12 November 2002.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Shiriru added sprite alpha blending to the Taito F3 games.
- Olivier Galibert added sound to Bal Cube and Bang Bang Ball, and in the Psikyo games.
- Manbow-J rewrote the sound support for the Seta games.
- ElSemi fixed cracking and missing sounds in some neogeo games especially kof99 "how to play" loop and shocktro end of attract missing sound.
- John Wil added CusKey simulation for Namco games.
- Paul Priest fixed keyboard LEDs being messed up on program exit.
- Nicola Salmoria added TESTDRIVER's to the database used by -romident and -isknown.
- Aaron Giles moved the screen rotation to the OS layer. The core no longer prerotates the bitmap.
- R. Belmont added preliminary YMF278B emulation (missing FM support).
- R. Belmont implemented the SH7604 internal timers, giving sound to Sol Divide and the Super Kaneko Nova System games.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added