MAME 0.68 was released on 16 May 2003.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- farfetch'd added SHA1 hash support, including various new command line options
- Leon van Rooij added Basic Direct3D blitting support:
- You need DirectX7 headers and libs to compile it, I'm using the set from http://caesar.logiqx.com/html/tools/compilers/mingw.shtml which has the original MS headers (the same set is used for Allegro and FB Alpha) and I've made a minor update to the ddraw code so that it compiles with this set of headers (VC++ should still be fine as well).
- The code manually imports the DirectDrawCreateEx() function so MAME compiled with d3d support will (or rather should, I've not actually tested that yet) still run on PC's with older versions of DirectX. It should work with pretty much any 3D hardware (except perhaps older Voodoo-based cards), and the speed should be similar to the DirectDraw blit (a bit faster for some older cards).
- -direct3d or -d3d: use Direct3D (default is off, overrides -dd);
- -filter or -flt: use bi-linear filtering (default is on);
- -texture_management: use DirectX texture management (default is off, but some 3D cards need this (however, there's a small-ish speed-penalty)).
- Bryan McPhail added sound to Macross Plus & Quiz Bisyoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
- Fixes for Crashes introduced in last version in namcos1.c, namcos2.c, and shangha3.c
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New TESTDRIVERS added