MAME 0.79 was released on 28 January 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles and various others fixed most of the bugs caused by changes made in the .78 u cycle, please check any you reported to make sure.
- Aaron Giles updated many Atari / Midway drivers to use new style Memory Maps and cleaned them up
- R. Belmont updated the YMF278b, improving sound in Asura Blade
- Olivier Galibert updated the ST-V driver to use the new memory system, cleaning up the map
- BUT fixed the ASM 68k core to compile again
- Aaron Giles changed warning screens so they are now skipped if running with -ftr for less than 5 minutes
- chaneman fixed Black Dragon & Money Money filenames
- Stefan Jokisch fixed a crash when taking screenshots of rotated vector games
- R. Belmont made a unaligned SCU direct mode DMA fix
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING