MAME 0.80u3 was released on 28 March 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont contributed an update for CHDCD / Konami GV:
- Preliminary CD-ROM support for CHDMAN. Input is from CDRDAO .toc/.bin images (cdrdao.sourceforge.net). CDRDAO comes with utilities to convert CDRWIN .cue/.bin images to .toc/.bin format.
- Intel Flash ROM emulation support
- CDROM emulation primitives, including Red Book audio playback
- CDROM support for the AM53cf96 SCSI controller
- Konami GV System driver. GV System is identical to a home Playstation/PSOne console, except the CD-ROM is SCSI instead of proprietary.
- Stuff still in progress:
- The SPU emulation needs a lot of help, especially on Wedding Rhapsody. smf is working on it.
- The SCSI CD-ROM emulation needs to be separated out from the AM53cf96 if we ever emulate other SCSI controllers or CD-ROM drives.
- CHDMAN doesn't output anything useful when you extract a CHD-CD. It should write out a CDRDAO image.
- Audio tracks on CDs are not compressed at present (or more accurately they're gzip compressed, which is useless). The plan is to use FLAC at some point.
- Nathan Woods made misc fixes:
- Changed options.savegame to be a string. If this is a one character string, then the save state is loaded as before. If it is a larger string, then cpu_loadsave_schedule_file() is used.
- Added a state_save_check_file(); a call that front ends can use to validate a state save file
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status