MAME 0.81 was released on 1 April 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- smf and R. Belmont made various ZN related updates. Several games now display more, for example primrag2 plays the intro movie.
- Ville Linde added a i386 CPU core (used by the SPI driver).
- Mariusz Wojcieszek made ST-V Improvements; gfx in colmns97 / sassisu / ejihon are improved
- R. Belmont contributed a CHDMan CHDCD creation fix
- Sebastien Volpe improved the timing of several 68k instructions, these changes could do with being verified on a real 68k:
- scc (68000 only): CYC_SCC_R_FALSE was defined, not used, and misnamed as the extra 2 cycles happens when CC is true: now used and renamed to CYC_SCC_R_TRUE
- add/adda/and/or/sub/suba (68000 only): the 'extra 2 cycles' cases were not handled correctly: corrected to be effective on .l only, and also on register direct (previously, all sizes were affected, and only in immediate mode)
- jmp d(An,Xn) / pea (An) (68000/68010): tables corrected
- movem (68000/68010): generated basecount were incorrect in many cases, so I added a dedicated table
- movem.l d(PC),reglist / movem.l d(PC,Xn),reglist (68000/68010): changed basecount
- asr/asl/lsr/lsl/ror/rol/roxr/roxl (68000/68010): added '+2n' cycles where missing, as the shift/rotate memory is the only case where '+2n' does not apply, and is treated in a specific opcode handler.
- Lawrence Gold fixed a couple of compile warnings for other compilers
New games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added