MAME 0.86u1 was released on 27 August 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont fixed the M37710 by adding the following opcodes:
- ROR B
- LDB direct indexed
- MPY stack relative
- DIV direct
- Lawrence Gold contributed misc patches
- Substituted isnan() for inunordered(), which is only available in C99.
- Fixed a few C89 warnings about an extra comma at the end of enums.
- Updated the expat code to 1.95.8, which is the latest release.
- Phil Stroffolino made Namco System 22 improvements
- input ports mapped for most games
- DSP communications RAM latch mode hooked up; fixes graphics for many titles
- texture banking for old hardware hooked up
- patches to tms32025 emulation (DSP math bugs)
- preliminary dynamic lighting for system22 (rarely actually used - see Prop Cycle turning score/time digits)
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli and Chris Hardy improved the Imago driver:
- hooked up starfield and background tilemap, fixed colours
- still problems with the sprites
- Various contributors fixed some bugs that were in 0.86 Tube Panic, Namco S12, Zero Point etc.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
- Various games on the System 22 driver
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING