MAME 0.86u4 was released on 9 September 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont updated the M37710: Added support for externally-pulsed timers (Prop Cycle uses this to read the pedals)
- Sebastien Volpe reorganised and cleaned up the kaneko16.c and related drivers splitting protection related code into a separate file
- David Haywood added preliminary background zoom to the HNG64 driver
- Curt Coder made some misc changes
- Lovely Cards
- Converted to use tilemaps
- Fixed tile rendering, the tile ROM is not a bad dump, the gfx routine was bad!
- Changed "Outrunners" to "OutRunners" as per title screen and flyers
- Changed "Sonic the Hedgehog" to "Sonic The Hedgehog". "The" is Sonic's middle name according to "The Ultimate History of Video Games", p. 428: 'The "T" in Sonic The Hedgehog is capitalized. Sega Marketing wizard Al Nilsen had the "The" registered as Sonic's middle name.'
- Changed "The Revenge Of Shinobi" to "The Revenge of Shinobi"
- Changed "MegaPlay" to "Mega Play" as per system16.com
- R. Belmont hooked up the eeprom in the rabbit driver
- David Haywood made some improvements to tmmjprds in rabbit driver
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING