MAME 0.91u2 was released on 3 February 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese updated the ST-V driver:
- Added a kludge for Astra Super Stars to let it run past a nasty code, nasty because I highly suspect it's a sh-2 bug,will be worked out in the future.
- Added some new vdp2 registers,for example the DISP one for avoid transitions draws.
- Re-added the layer disable/enable code that I sent in the past which was lost,and removed the possibility to disable layers with non-debug builds
- Started to add default eeproms for the various games,for now I've hooked up the one in Shienryu to let it run already with Vertical Switch.
- Added the dynamic clocks,hopefully now 100% working.
- Nicola Salmoria updated the TNZS driver:
- fixed crash due to code execution across bank cboundary (tnzs36b16yel)
- removed kludges which were required to run Arkanoid 2 (they were just mirror addresses)
- added sprite banking (same as seta.c). Insecotr X and other were obvoisly running at 30fps before, now they are ok. Also fixes insectx13b16gre and insectx236b16gre.
- added sprite buffering (not quite the same as seta.c). Fixes kabukiz sprites and backgrounds, though there might still be a few glitches.
- fixed kabukiz sound
- Razoola corrected NeoGeo Mirroring + additional information on coin counters etc.
- Aaron Giles did a uPD7759 rewrite, fixing sound in System 16 games
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING