MAME 0.93u1 was released on 1 March 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles fixed several bugs introduced with the sound system update:
- cninja games OKI frequency fixed
- cps1 games OKI frequency fixed
- cps1 QSound games properly remove the 2151
- nemesis no longer references non-existant k005289
- tnzs has missing 2203 interface reinstated
- ay8910 no longer attempts to free memory allocated with auto_malloc
- streams engine oversamples by averaging now
- removed some obsolete code from the streams code
- fixed swapped left/right samples in Cyberball
- fixed crash in Darius
- made bbakraid mono again
- fixed running with -nosound
- fixed several issues with banking and playback in the OKI6295
- removed obsolete macro in sound/streams.c
- nbmj9195 crashes
- adding missing memset when initializing the tms5110 and tms5220 structures; should prevent the crashes
- fixed signed/unsigned error in 5110 core
- as an experiment, removed oversampling from namco.c now that the sound core will do it for you
- Curt Coder updated the 10 Yard Fight driver:
- converted to use tilemaps
- cleaned up driver
- conditional coinage doesn't work due to PORT_DIPCONDITION limitations
- fixed rom names slightly
- changed names to match title screen and flyer
- R. Belmont updated the flash ROM support:
- Added support for arbitrary manufacturer and chip IDs instead of hardcoding
- Added support for the extended chip ID protocol favored by AMD and Fujitsu
- Bumped limit up to 8 chips
- Nicola Salmoria made some UI changes:
- Now shows grouped consecutive identical CPUs and sound chips in the game information screen, so games like Gyruss fit again.
- Bumped the MAX dip switches that can be handled by the dip switch menu to 256 (and adds bounds checking so it doesn't crash anyway).
- R. Belmont fixed a crash in the Itech32 64-bit driver
- Derrick Renaud updated the discrete sound support:
- Discrete Sound Changes
- Various tweaks to the discrete modules and updated all drivers to use the new code.
- DISCRETE_COUNTER, DISCRETE_LFSR_NOISE, DISCRETE_NOTE: added different clocking types to be more flexible.
- Removed and merged DISCRETE_COUNTER_FIX with DISCRETE_COUNTER.
- New Discrete Modules
- DISCRETE_DIODE_MIXERx - Mixes signals through diodes.
- DISCRETE_MULTIPLEXx - 1 of 2/4/8 signal multiplexer.
- DISCRETE_RCDISC4 - Various charge/discharge circuits.
- Game Driver Changes
- tank8 - added explosion gain control
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING