MAME 0.96 was released on 3 May 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added step in/out support to TMS34010 disassembler.
- Aaron Giles added an explanation that left/right joystick wiggle works on "OK" screens.
- David Haywood hooked up the Pocket Gal Deluxe bootleg graphics ROMs.
- Peter Sealy fixed the collision detection in bioatack, added missing RAM to the Taito SJ memory map.
- Nicola Salmoria decrypted Calorie Kun, and cleaned up the sega Z80 encryption code.
- Nathan Woods fixed the implementation of memory_get_op_ptr().
- Brad Oliver fixed a problem with beatmania games on the Mac.
- Mamesick updated the Vendetta chip frequencies to match real PCB.
- Brad Oliver fixed endianness problems in the Sega System 32 games ROM loading.
- Angelo Salese made a number of ST-V improvements:
- Fixed a DSP bug which was causing Treasure Hunt to hang. The game is working but with graphics artifacts because of other DSP bugs...
- Added the possibility on the VDP1 to double the horizontal resolution under some circumstances.This affects Astra Super Stars, Virtual Mahjong & Virtual Mahjong 2.
- Removed the Baku Baku Animal hack since it's not needed anymore (dunno when this was fixed).
- Fixed a bug in the A-Bus protection handling for games which have rom data mapped here.
- Made some small fixes to the SCU.
- Added a quick hack to avoid the sound reading "hang",disabled by default.
- There's also some WIP code for the protection in astrass & ffreveng.
- Brad Oliver fixed endianness problems in the Eolith games.
- QWERTY fixed graphics in Joyful Road.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING