MAME 0.96u4 was released on 30 May 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added 4 different crosshair styles to differentiate different players' crosshairs.
- Aaron Giles rewrote vidhrdw/wecleman.c to make the code more readable.
- Aaron Giles fixed game reset in galaxian due to running out of timers.
- Aaron Giles added thrash protection emulation to the NVRAM in coolpool.c.
- Aaron Giles improved Windows-specific memory debugging to track file/line numbers for allocations. This required a couple of changes to the core makefile.
- Aaron Giles fixed the remaining memory leaks in the new debugger code, and one in the artwork system.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up several video drivers that were using non-auto memory allocation functions for bitmaps and memory.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the RF5C68 sound emulator from the specs, improving sound in the System 18 games.
- Firewave replaced some logerror()/exit(), printf()/exit() and fprintf()/exit() combinations against an osd_die() call.
- Nathan Woods added logerror and memdump commands to the new debugger.
- Nathan Woods implemented the SMI input line in the PowerPC core, and added a placeholder for the TLBISYNC input line (doesn't do anything yet). Also implemented the TBU special variable on the 603.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status