Nothing listed here is a guarantee or promise of action. I have many more interests than I have hours in a day. This lists only things directly related to MAME. Also, order listed here may not reflect actual implementation order.
- Finish emulating original Mac and Mac Plus keyboards, eliminate that cruft from the driver
- Add -romsimm option to Mac driver for relevant machines
- Integrate PortMidi and PortAudio
- Figure out Ensoniq 16-bit crash (EPS OS, VFX SD/SD-1 sequencer)
- Emulate 3rd-generation Ensoniqs (ASR-10, MR-Rack, KT-76)
- Finish emulating DEC Rainbow's keyboard, try to boot MS-DOG
- Line-level ADB handling so Egret/Cuda equipped Macs have mouse and keyboard working (and IIgs and early PowerBooks when the ADB MCU is properly emulated) (UPDATE: working for Egret, timing isn't quite what Cuda's looking for yet).
- M50740-series core (6502 derivative) for IIgs ADB MCU / PMU on PowerBook 1xx
- nscsi-based NCR5380 and 5394/96 adaptations
- Help Andrew with Polygonet Commanders/Poly-Net Warriors where possible (I AM NOT A DSP56K COWBOY)
- Continue to work with the SpriteMind guys on YM2612 improvements (if any)
- SH-4 DRC for Naomi/Atomiswave (and Dreamcast in MESS)
- SCSP/AICA DSP recompiler
- AICA needs better envelope handling. Shenmue DSF rips need the filters.
- 65816 family reunion
- Merge 65816/M37710 so identical opcodes use the same code
- Add Nintendo varient that runs in terms of SNES master cycles for better accuracy
- Rewrite Konami video chain and trojan unclear details
- Further reverse-engineering on (Super) System 23
- ARM DRC
- Rework OpenGL backend:
- Need to use a pixel shader to do YUV to RGB conversion or else laserdisc games will suck mightily on modern video cards (which no longer have dedicated conversion hardware)
- Render to texture first so user shader can still be used for final blit? (And how bad will this break fglrx and Apple drivers?)