MAME 0.122u5 was released on 11 January 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- couriersud fixed flipped tilemap offset for scramble and clones (playable cocktail mode).
- Zsolt Vasvari changed the Exidy driver to draw the background directly from memory avoiding having to decode the gfx repeadately.
- Atari Ace added machine and cpunum parameters to INTERRUPT_GEN callbacks. Fixed several places that were not using INTERRUPT_GEN or OPBASE_HANDLER macros.
- Atari Ace made minor bugfixes to the gfxlayout cleanups included in u4.
- Aaron Giles added code to debug 64-bit builds to allocate all address space below 4GB to help find 64-bit errors. Added environment variable OSDDEBUGMALLOC which, if set, explicitly overrides the debug malloc debug settings. Added environment variable OSDDEBUG4GB which, if set, explicitly overrides the new 64-bit address space allocations. (Sadly this is necessary due to some D3D drivers being 64-bit unclean....)
- Aaron Giles fixed winwork to use proper tchar functions for getenv.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug where the 64-bit DRC was not saving rbp.
- Aaron Giles simplified the Y-unit DMA rendering, fixing bugs and removing the macro voodoo.
- Mamesick and Aaron Giles implemented proper video timing and scanline interrupts in the m72 driver.
- couriersud made mario.c improvements:
- discrete sound
- hooked up z80dma
- combined memory maps
- statics in mario_state struct
- fixed save state issues
- combine sh_* writes into one routine
- couriersud fixed the LS123 constant in audio/dkong.c to match the TI datasheet diode circuit constant
- Philip Bennett and Guru made TX-1 improvements:
- Fixed remaining arithmetic unit issues
- Added correct object colour pixel LUT PROM to tx1a
- Fixed x-flipping
- Added engine sounds
- Philip Bennett added correct DIP switch settings for Big Fight. Also corrected Cycle Warriors DIP switches.
- Corrado Tomaselli changed and verified frequencies on Ikari Warriors h/w, Tnk3, Hyper Sports, Jackal and S.A.R.
- Corrado Tomaselli verified and corrected a lot of frequencies and oki6295 pin 7 on pcbs: Double Dribble, Chequered Flag, Diet gogo, Boulderdash, Sly Spy, Psycho Nics Oscar, Captain Silver, Magical Cat Adventure, Raiden, Superman, Twin Hawk, Vimana, Ghox, Dogyunn, truxton2, Pipi and Bibis, Fix Eight and Money Money.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up the brkthru/darwin memory maps. Changed both games to use identical video timing parameters based on measurements of darwin. Guessed based on available information at the master clock and derived all game clocks from it.
- Zsolt Vasvari reogranized and started to clean up the CVS driver. Added emulation of the speech CPU. Removed CVS BIOS entry. Removed unnecessary patching.
- couriersud updated sauro.c:
- Hooked up sp0256 sound
- analyzed and commented some ports
- added palette_bank support without real success
- David Haywood reorganized the Raiden 2 driver.. a bit of extra documentation of the 'V33' based set, which has been renamed. Nothing new working.
- David Haywood fixed scan functions for kickgoal background, which were swapped.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed the 2650 disassembly of the sense and flag bits. Fixed incorrect argument order in OUT instruction. Corrected spacing.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up the Atari System 2 driver:
- Proper video timing.
- Full memory maps.
- Save state support.
- Removed 720 sound CPU hack in favor of prepopulated EEPROM like the other games.
- Aaron Giles added support for outputting 64-bit target addresses in the i386dasm.
- David Haywood added MESS PC-Engine emulatation system. Fixed MAME debug build under VC2003.
- Zsolt Vasvari unified memory maps in tmnt.c and twin16.c. Reversed ROM set names of Cuebrick World and Japan versions. Changed some function names to reflect parent set.
- Atari Ace changed the Konami drivers to allocate and decode graphics using the same layouts. Removed the layout parameter from the decodechar() calls.
- Chad made INPs compatible between 64-bit MAME and 32-bit MAME.
- Zsolt Vasvari completed the taitosj memory map from Nicola's ancient notes. General code clean-up.
- Aaron Giles made src2html improvments:
- added line numbers
- added link to the raw file if the src and dst dirs are the same
- Emuman contributed a "Fix" for full screen switch, which makes no sense, but is included based on empirical evidence that is somehow works.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING