MAME 0.146u5 was released on 20 August 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles fully modernized Sega 16-bit drivers. Converted FD1089, FD1094 and Sega memory mapper, divide, multiply, and compare/timer chips to modern devices.
- David Haywood added preliminary colour cycling effect to Sky Destroyer.
- Ville Linde updated the ppc core: Added callbacks for buffered external DMAs.
- David Haywood started the process of converting some Kaneko games to use devices.
- Kevin Eshbach and Tafoid updated crgolf.c: Adjusted rom names to better represent actual rom labels and improved documentation for other dumped sets. Added protected PAL dump.
- David Haywood converted st0020 (seta blitter + zooming sprites) to a device.
- O. Galibert updated the memory system: Add support for dynamically mapping devices.
- R. Belmont updated the H8 core: Very preliminary H8S/2294 support.
- R. Belmont updated invqix: General EEPROM, FPGA, and IRQ hookups.
- Brian Troha updated invqix.c: Added PCB layout for Space Invaders / Qix Silver Anniversary Edition.
- R. Belmont updated invqix: Added inputs and sound, promoted to working. Qix has some TBD text weirdness.
- Angelo Salese added inputs, sound, graphics and fixed colors to Bega's Battle / Road Blaster HW.
- R. Belmont updated invqix: some cleanup, mapped all 4 start buttons, cocktail flip works.
- Brian Troha updated tickee.c: Correct the dipswitches for Mouse Attack and add dipswitch locations.
- Tafoid updated Tank Force - 4 Player (tankfrce4): Inputs were switched so that Player 2 was no longer assigned to Player 3 and vice versa.
- Brian Troha updated model2.c: Fixed the loading of the sound samples for the Sega Rally Championship sets and added correct IC locations to the roms. Labeled the current sets "Twin" and added a "DX" set. Documented the missing (undumped) roms for the DX set.
- R. Belmont updated the H8/H8S core: fix MULXS.B to select the proper source register. Fixes text in Qix section of invqix.
- R. Belmont updated the H8/H8S core: Correct disassembly of MULXS.B and MULXS.W.
- Osso updated some drivers to use the new SN76496 device implementation.
- David Haywood converted Kaneko sprites to a device. This should facilitate cleaning up video related files as well (sprites and tilemaps).
- Curt Coder updated the SAA5050: Fixed double high character mode, and forced character data to 7-bit.
- R. Belmont updated drcbec.c: compute flags correctly for ADDC/SUBB.
- O. Galibert updated emucore.c: make downcast errors more useful.
- R. Belmont updated drcbec.c: Calculate NZ flags properly for 32x32=32 form of MULS.
- Don Hodges updated bzone: Corrected bonus tanks typos.
- O. Galibert updated addrmap.c: Fix device mapping on big-endian systems.
- O. Galibert updated rp5c15: Initialize at power-on (makes the x68k boot reliable).
- Brian Troha updated lwings.c: Added PCB locations to the Trojan sets.
- Brian Troha updated parodius.c: Corrected rom PCB locations for all the Parodius DA! sets.
- Brian Troha and ShouTime updated dassault.c: Added PCB locations to all the Thunder Zone / Desert Assault sets.
- Brian Troha and Stefan Lindberg updated dassault.c: Better documented the PCB stack and changed clocks to be derived by on board OSC.
- Miodrag Milanovic added internal mouse cursor visible in menus and when clickable artwork is used.
- Angelo Salese provided a preliminary implementation of the MOVBSU opcode in V810 CPU core.
- Roberto Fresca added dynamic length to the color PROMs decode routines based on ROM region length. This fixes a horrible hang/crash in DEBUG=1 builds.
- R. Belmont updated the PPC core: fix SRAW behavior with C backend. x86/x64 BEs need work to pass.
- Angelo Salese hooked up Epson 62423 RTC device to Hyper Neo Geo 64.
- Angelo Salese made 24/12h bit register to be correctly activated in Epson 62423 RTC device.
- Angelo Salese implemented irq ack/pending mechanism to Hyper Neo Geo 64.
- R. Belmont updated the PowerPC core: fix CMP/CMPI instructions; they were behaving as CMPL/CMPLI and generating wrong flags.
- David Haywood did further major organization, documentation, reordering and making of clones causing numerous (over 6000) new gambling / Fruit machine sets to be created, covering multiple systems.
- Jim Stolis updated peplus.c: Added dollar bill validator (DBV) to emulate IGT's IDO22 pulse protocol. All non-superboard games (and a few superboards) now accept bills via IPT_COIN2. Denomination is determined via driver configuration settings. The Set Chip steps are still required to enable the DBV before use.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added