Many drivers in MAME are tagged as non-working. In many cases it is obvious why the drivers don't work. In some cases it is subtle. And quite often, other devs can't even really remember why some games don't work. This section of the wiki is an attempt to provide some additional information that can be widely shared about why the games don't work. Hopefully it will answer some of the many questions out there, and might even encourage others to help complete the driver.
These are grouped in several categories based on the game flags in the drivers:
- MNW - MACHINE_NOT_WORKING
- MUP - MACHINE_UNEMULATED_PROTECTION
- MNS - MACHINE_NO_SOUND and MACHINE_IMPERFECT_SOUND
- MIG - MACHINE_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS. Also covers MACHINE_IMPERFECT_COLORS and MACHINE_WRONG_COLORS
- MIS - MACHINE_IS_SKELETON and MACHINE_IS_SKELETON_MECHANICAL
- MIC - MACHINE_IMPERFECT_CONTROLS
- MIT - MACHINE_IMPERFECT_TIMING
- Manufacturer - Older, currently outdated notes, by manufacturer.