MAME 0.102u3 was released on 8 December 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli updated Aquarium:
- Fixed tilemaps - sprites priority
- Added sprites wrap around y
- Added tiles flipx and flipy
- R. Belmont fixed several bugs in the SPC700 core:
- Fixed carry usage in ADC/SBC
- Fixed overflow flag in ADDW/SUBW (I think)
- BRK now modifies the status register properly
- Fixed DAA/DAS edge case
- Brian Troha updated driver.c with more consistent and updated info.
- R. Belmont updated the NSS/SNES driver from latest MESS:
- Improved memory mapping
- Improved raster timing
- Added HIRQ support and better VIRQ support
- Improved joypad support
- DSP-1 support (including all subtypes)
- Counter latching support
- Fixed OAM read/write
- Fixed stereo sound
- Nathan Woods added a MESS specific ROM entry type, and changed ROM entry processing code to ignore any unrecognized ROM entry types.
- Nathan Woods merged in recent changes to the PC share code from MESS.
- Giuseppe Gorgoglione removed several obsolete files: machine\s16math.h, vidhrdw\medlanes.h, windows\dirty.h, windows\snprintf.c.
- Rob Bohms fixed the ADC and SBC opcodes in G65816 (for BCD math).
- Rob Bohms fixed the $4014 sprite DMA in NES PPU.
- R. Belmont updated the H8/3002 emulation:
- Added more bXXX.b #imm, (@)Rn instructions
- Added subtract with carry instructions
- Rob Bohms implemented some N2A03 undocumented opcodes.
- Phil Stroffolino major update to Namco System 22:
- depth cueing support (fog); some open issues remain
- depth bias improvements
- zbuffer has been replaced with back-to-front rendering
- sprite and text translucency
- direct access to rendering device (used by video tests)
- preliminary support for spotlight feature
- support for sprite bottom-alignment
- support for sprite, polygon priority over text
- Aaron Giles more Voodoo updates:
- Added support for CLUT/gamma ramps; enables fade in/out effects
- Changed stall callback to notify both start and end of stalling
- Decreased bilinear resolution to 4 bits for Voodoo 1
- Fixed statistics and added some new ones
- Now properly masking off unsupported bits for earlier chipsets
- Fixed NOP command so it doesn't always reset statistics
- Fixed bug that caused the refresh rate to never be updated
- Fixed 16-bit writes to the frame buffer
- Fixed crashing bug after resetting the chip
- Added support for Voodoo 2's new fog, colorpath, and chromaRange modes
- Added correct wrapping for ARGB, W and Z values
- Fixed bug where depth was written to the Z buffer without bias
- Now aggregates shorter commands to reduce the number of context switches
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING