MAME 0.105u4 was released on 3 May 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Ville Linde and * Ryan Holtz made Nintendo 64 system improvements:
- Fixed a major bug in the RSP core
- Rewrote the PIF handling
- Slightly improved triangle rendering
- Nathan Woods added a NULL check on memory_set_bankptr(), memory_configure_bank() and memory_configure_bank_decrypted().
- Andrew Gardner added support in the debugger memory window to change the number of bytes displayed per row.
- XingXing and * ElSemi started simulation of orlegend super / special protection.
- Sonikos fixed colors and music tempo in Perfect Billiard.
- El Condor cleaned up the 6840 implementation and revised scorpion2 driver's handling of unmapped regions. Also updated the MPU4 memory map.
- Quench commited a major Toaplan 2 driver cleanup:
- Added Knuckle Bash 2 (kbash2)
- Consolidated the Read/Write memory maps
- Fixed coin counters on a few games
- Raised the volumes on a few games
- Cleaned the inputs by:
- Adding input inheritance and DIPSW locations
- Added conditional dependance to DIPSWs where required
- Fixing a few incorrect inputs here and there
- Twisty fixed/improved DIP switches in the m92, afega, tumbleb, and yunsun16 drivers.
- Sonikos cleaned up the liberate.c driver.
- MooglyGuy improved the ARM7 thumb mode disassembler.
- Tomasz Slanina made some improvements to Air Raid/Cross Shooter, but not playable due to missing gfx roms.
- David Haywood and * ElSemi Big pile of updates/improvements to the ARM7 core thumb mode and the PGM drivers.
- f205v improved the OKI frequency in sslam and powerbls.
- Twisty made more improvements to DIP switches in m62.c, m72.c, and ddragon.c.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug in the debugger that would prevent you from typing a command line longer than what was visible.
- Aaron Giles added a new tool jedutil, which will convert .JED files to binary form and back again.
- Aaron Giles added a new ROM region REGION_PLDS, which is designed to hold binary dumps of PLD fusemaps (produced from .JED files by jedutil). Added logic to -romident to automatically parse .JED files to identify them against these binary dumps. Added PLD dumps to the Vindicators, Batman, Pit Fighter, ThunderJaws, and Relief Pitcher drivers. More to come shortly.
- Aaron Giles converted PLDs for catnmous and lazarian to the new binary format.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added