MAME 0.127u4 was released on 18 September 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Dazzer added a redump of indytemc. There's sprite/playfield flipping issues, hence GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS.
- Roberto Fresca made improvements to the Funworld driver:
- Added new clone: Pool 10 (italian, set 4).
- Improved lamps layout for all games.
- Added Pool 10 pinout and DIP switches info.
- Updated technical notes.
- R. Belmont changed Namco NB-x to use real C75 BIOS, read controls the real hardware way.
- Roberto Fresca added lamps support + layout to magjoker and galaxi. Magjoker has a good lamps sequence in the attract.
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash when hitting watchpoints on static handlers.
- Phil Bennett changed Namco NA-2 to use real C70 BIOS. Removed sound and input simulation code. Changed the NA-1/2 MCU type to M37702.
- Dazzer added correct colour PROMS to arkatour.
- aDG4W+qp0 made improvements to Jaleco 'Bomb's Away'
- Curt Coder fixed refresh rate and interrupts in the sg1000a driver, added 8255PPI and coin counter.
- Aaron Giles changed requirements for laserdisc CHDs to require a new chunk of metadata with pre-decoded frame information. Modified chdman to automatically produce this for CHDs that are of the appropriate parameters. To fix up existing CHDs, use chdman -fixavdata on the CHD.
- Aaron Giles modified the laserdisc core to leverage the pre-decoded frame metadata, which is now required. This improves seek times when searching and allows the player-specific emulation access to the VBI data as soon as it would really be available. Changed update callback timing to fire just before the first line of VBI data would be read; at that point, the frame selection is assumed to be committed.
- Aaron Giles converted PR-8210 emulation over to using the actual MCU from the laserdisc player. This MCU controls low-level functions such as slider position and laser on/off, and receives decoded vertical blanking data in order to make decisions. Removed old HLE behavior. Note that the overlay text is displayed via the UI; this is temporary and will be fixed shortly.
- Aaron Giles converted Simutrek-hacked laserdisc emulation to using the actual MCU from the game, which in turn hands off commands to the PR-8210 MCU. This is still not 100% but is pretty close at this point and achieves the correct behaviors in most cases.
- Aaron Giles fixed Cube Quest overlay scaling to cover the whole screen.
- Aaron Giles changed laserdisc video parameters to position the screen area at the bottom rather than the top, since this corresponds more closely to standard line numbering.
- Aaron Giles extended the vbiparse code to support pack/unpack, and to more fully document all the meanings of the VBI codes.
- Aaron Giles updated ldplayer to support slow/fast forward movement, frame/chapter display, and separate controls for scanning/stepping.
- Aaron Giles added new built-in variable "frame" to the debugger.
- Aaron Giles fixed device-based ROM loading to support loading ROMs from the game's ZIP as well.
- Aaron Giles changed CPU-internal regions so now they have priority again. Fixed mario by installing a handler in the SOUND_START function.
- Tafoid improved DIP switch handling and added DIP locations in epos.c.
- Tafoid added DIP locations to the dec0 driver.
- Atari Ace separated NBA Jam TE from NBA Jam as they are not technically clones of each other.
- Corrado Tomaselli verified cpu clocks and corrected/verified OKI M6295 frequencies and pin for Shadow Force.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING