MAME 0.129u2 was released on 22 January 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Phil Bennett stopped crash/assert when trying to decrease the debugger memory window bytes per line to 0.
- Wilbert Pol improved implementations for undocumented instructions 63, 67, 6f, 73, 77, 7b, 7f, 9c, 9e, ab, e3, e7, ef, f3, f7, fb, and ff in the n2a3 cpu core.
- Wilbert Pol forced recalculation of screen parameters when only the MC6845 input clock changes.
- Angelo Salese provided part 1 of an update to the Seibu CRTC:
- Merged Sengoku Mahjong & Good e Jong video HWs.
- Added correct scrolling functions for Sengoku Mahjong.
- Removed some positioning kludges in both drivers.
- Angelo Salese fixed Sengoku Mahjong hopper error after first winning match.
- Angelo Salese removed deprecat dependancy from Good e Jong, one irq wasn't needed at all (points to a reti).
- Aaron Giles added new #define ENDIANNESS_NATIVE, which maps to either ENDIANNESS_LITTLE or ENDIANNESS_BIG based on the LSB_FIRST definition. Unlink LSB_FIRST, ENDIANNESS_NATIVE always exists and can be used in expressions without invoking the preprocessor.
- Aaron Giles added macro ENDIAN_VALUE_LE_BE() which selects one of two values based on the endianness passed in. Also added NATIVE_ENDIAN_VALUE_LE_BE() which calls ENDIAN_VALUE_LE_BE with ENDIANNESS_NATIVE.
- Aaron Giles updated a number of drivers and call sites to use these macros in favor of #ifdef LSB_FIRST.
- Aaron Giles removed some stray ADDR2BYTE/BYTE2ADDR macros that have been replaced by inline functions.
- Aaron Giles update all DRC cores to do their own opcode fetching. Also tweaked a few oddities in the SH2 DRC.
- Jim Stolis provided drw80pkr changes:
- Added bankswitching to program memory.
- Partial graphics support.
- Partial sound support.
- Angelo Salese provided a preliminary ADPCM hook-up to Jantotsu, it plays something but it's not yet right.
- Aaron Giles removed redundant config parameter from SND_START.
- Angelo Salese fixed gfx regression with 18 Holes Pro Golf and added proper memory map for the second cpu.
- Aaron Giles made sound cores no longer allocate their own tokens. Instead they return a new integer value indicating the size of token they want, and the core allocates it for them. This mirrors the standard device behavior.
- tsBTN0640 provided a SRMP5 update:
- Sound pitch is low with current st0016 driver.
- a3SEybxT0 fixed Perfect Soldiers input (added missing button3).
- swzp1Dp/0 added missing key for sfiiij and sfiii2j.
- Phil Bennett increased Cloak & Dagger interleave quantum to eliminate 'SLAVE COM BAD' startup message.
- Mirko Buffoni provided a major cleanup to IGS poker games:
- Renamed csk driver to igspoker. This includes Champion Poker, Champion Skill, New Champion Skill.
- Converted drivers to tilemap system and unified video section.
- Unified memory maps and checked all input ports.
- Removed obsolete palette handlers and made use of generic handlers.
- Added layout for lamps handling.
- Added hopper simulation.
- Added New Champion Skill (different set, maybe original international release) and renamed current igs_ncs to igs_ncs2 (2000 version for italian market).
- Promoted igs_ncs2 to working state, but set GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS (missing initial notice screen).
- Moved Jackie to a separate driver (it's a slot machine game).
- Made some progress on Jackie which now boots (toggle mode to play, but work still needs to be done).
- Phil Bennett provided a Virtual Combat and Shadow Fighters update:
- Fixed framebuffer handling & screen parameters.
- Added sound.
- Corrected RAM sizes to match what is present on the PCBs.
- Hooked up NVRAM.
- Mirko Buffoni fixed clamping to 12 bit range to Okim6376, and adjusted volume attenuation accordingly.
- robiza provided adp improvements:
- Implemented p1 inputs in skattv and fashiong (service mode is working).
- Phil Bennett fefined ROM_LOAD64_WORD/ROM_LOAD64_WORD_SWAP in emu/romload.h.
- robiza updated the cb2001 driver: mapped two more opcodes.
- Naibo Zhang added custom 3-screen layout to Stepping Stage driver.
- Corrado Tomaselli changed yunsung8 oki xtal to 400khz, verified on pcb. Unfortunately he couldn't verify the main xtal which was missing on his pcb.
- Mamesick restored previous cycle eating behavior in gstream.
- Olivier Galibert changed device start routines to no longer return a status. Instead, if a device needs to delay its initialization pending the startup of another device, it must call the new function device_delay_init().
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added