MAME 0.140u2 was released on 7 December 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Mariusz Wojcieszek fixed problems with i2cmem. Cubo CD32 games now save and load settings properly.
- Tafoid cleaned up many duplicate inputs and fixed others in a number of drivers.
- R. Belmont updated the SDL port: Support -uifont for using arbitrary TrueType fonts on Linux/BSD builds. This takes full pathname/filename to the font, and the name can have styles appended as in Windows: [b] for bold, [i] for italic, [s] for strikethrough, and [u] for underlined. Fonts are rendered at a size of 120 points and scaled down by the core, which looks superb on high-res displays. (Liberation Sans that comes with most recent distros looks really good). Warning: Linux/BSD builds now require SDL_ttf 2.x. On Fedora the required package names are "SDL_ttf" and "SDL_ttf-devel".
- Gilles Fetis updated the tms7000 core: Corrected two opcodes: typo in inv_b and JPZ was wrong in official TI document.
- R. Belmont updated the SDL port: -uifont now can also look up system font families like Windows.
- Atari Ace took some driver_device classes that cover multiple drivers and split them so that each driver gets their own driver_device class. In most cases, these drivers got entangled because of audio/mcu code that was shared between multiple drivers:
- espial/marineb/zodiak - common code duplicated
- m52/m57/m58/m62/travrusa - common code in audio/irem.c
- junofrst/pooyan/rallyx/rocnrope/timeplt/tutankm - common code in audio/timeplt.c
- hyperspt/sbasketb/trackfld/yiear - common code in audio/trackfld and audio/hyprolyb.c
- 40love/bking/buggychl/msisaac - common code in machine/buggychl.c
- Tim Lindner updated the SDL port: OS X support for –uifont.
- Wilbert Pol updated the SDL port: Mac compile warning fix.
- Andreas Naive updated Naomi's M2/M3 decryption. On the fly decryption of Virtua Striker III is now possible.
- Tim Lindner and R. Belmont updated the SDL port: add ptty (*IX/OS X) and sockets (all SDL builds) capability.
- Tafoid added Button 3 to the original Yie Ar Kung-Fu boardsets. While not shown in manual, there is function for these buttons and the emulation should account for this possibility. Mapping is off by default.
- Team CPS-1 provided CPS-1 updates:
- Added The King of Dragons (World 910805) and set as new parent.
- Minor cleanups and fixes.
- Added Mega Man: The Power Battle (CPS1, USA 951006) and set as new parent.
- Fixed slammast, slammastu labels, added D-Board PALs and pcb infos.
- mercs -> mercsr1, mercsua -> mercs
- Added Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (World 910228).
- Added missing notes about roms sockets to megaman
- Confirmed B-Board # for forgottnua, willowje, cawingu, fixed their labels where wrong and added pcb infos to video\cps1.c.
- Removed incorrect roms relationship between parent/clones in ffightj, ffightj1, ffightj2 and cawingj.
- Minor cleanups and fixes
- Miodrag Milanovic provided MESS fixes:
- Fixed issue with image empty slot.
- Default for writeconfig is now 0 for MESS since it is not needed anymore.
- Fixed handling of mounted devices on hard reset.
- Unified some emuopts code, and removed ifdefs.
- The Dumping Union corrected several rom names in the Sega System32 driver. Most notably the correct revision for Spider-man & Golden Axe II US sets.
- Angelo Salese hooked up MSM5205 sample playback routines to Rougien, disabled by default because sample start write handler is still a mystery.
- Aaron Giles fixed F4 shortcut so it explicitly labels the address as a number by preceding it with "0x". This allows F4 to work properly, for example, on the 68000 stepping to address a6, which also happens to be a register name.
- Andreas Naive provided more updates to Naomi/Naomi2 M2/M3 decryption.
- Aaron Giles split the screen device into a separate module. Converted global video routines into a video_manager. Moved video manager initialization earlier in startup.
- Curt Coder allowed the use of either decimal or hexadecimal values for <dataarea> size, <rom> size, and <rom> offset in software lists.
- Hans Ostermeyer updated the m680x0 core: Many FPU and PMMU fixes and enhancements.
- Hans Ostermeyer provided various device fixes/enhancements :
- mc146818: Add UTC mode, various enhancements and fixes.
- 68681: Fixes for loopback mode.
- 6840ptm: Status register update fixes.
- pic8259: IRQ semantics fixes.
- 8237dma: Added memory-to-memory transfers
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-3 update:
- Added JoJo's Venture USA bios rom CD version.
- Reordered some CPS sets per release date in mamedriv.c.
- Minor cleanups and fixes.
- M.A.S.H. updated the Space Stranger overlay layout by adding the overlay for the Upright version, which looks different to the Cocktail.
- Gerrit Volkenborn added support for Karateco's "Super Double" to the goldnpkr driver.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING