MAME 0.148u4 was released on 30 April 2013.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Lord Nightmare updated tms5220.c: updated many comments, changed a variable name, and made some minor fixes to the 'circuit 412' to better reflect the patent.
- O. Galibert updated the m6502 core: Undocumented instruction 0x80 is a 2-byte nop, not a 1-byte one.
- qmc2 updated the SDL port: Fix symlink handling by internal file manager.
- f205v updated the Naomi driver: Redumped GD-ROMs for cvs2gd, senkoo, and ss2005.
- f205v updated the Naomi driver: GD-ROM redumps for confmiss, sprtjam, vstrik3, dygolf.
- Andrew Gardner added simple_set data structure and hooked it up to the debugger comment system.
- f205v updated the Naomi driver: Redumped mok, shaktamb, vtennis2, ngdup23a, vf4evo, initdexp, initdv3j, senkosp and initdv3e.
- Guru updated the hikaru driver: Redumped bad ROMs in braveff and sgnascar as per the test mode checksum tables.
- Brian Troha updated suna16.c: Added board documentation, added PCB layouts for both styles of Back Street Soccer and Ultra Balloon. Added dipswitch locations to Back Street Soccer, Ultra Balloon and Best of Best. Changed CPU clocks to actual OSC based timing.
- Lord Nightmare and digshadow updated tms5220.c: Based on decap analysis, both the TMS5220 and TMS5220C use identical LPC tables; get rid of the unnecessary extra table.
- smf updated the PSX GTE: Improved FLAG calculation in NCDS, CDP, NCDT, NCCS, CC, NCS, NCT & NCCT by checking for overflow after each addition.
- Tafoid and Shane Chaneman detailed differences in Fighting Golf (US) from parent based on observation and "SNK Program Update" notice which was found which includes a DIPSWITCH change.
- R. Belmont updated primrag2: PCB readme shows 8MB RAM, made it so.
- smf fixed MVMVA flag calculation & replicate the bugs when mx is set to 3 or cv is set to 2.
- Phil Bennett updated esripsys.c: Fix regression caused by cycle-exact 6809 core.
- smf updated the PSX GTE: fixed RTPS flags and calculation.
- Andrew Gardner updated the QT Debugger: Adds trackpc command, allowing for a visual display of where the program counter has visited in the dasm windows. Run "help trackpc" in the debugger to see the options.
- smf updated the PSX GTE: fixed RTPT flags calculation & added a new divide implementation that uses a much smaller table.
- smf added partial support for 1f801060 for setting the RAM size, if the size is set larger than the actual memory then RAM is repeated. As a result the RAM is no longer included in the drivers memory map, you have to specify the size in the machine.
- Carl and R. Belmont updated Fruit: fix VGA BIOS mirror, RAM amount, and HDD writability.
- Porchy, Brian Troha and The Dumping Union updated superchs.c: Corrected main CPU clock, corrected some rom labels. Added plds to the Super Chase - Criminal Termination sets.
- Wilbert Pol updated 6850acia.c: Improved DCD signal handling.
- Kevin Eshbach updated arcadia.c: Added the SEC-SCPA pal dump used on Magic Johnson's Fast Break and Leader Board.
- smf updated the PSX driver: PSX CPU creates a ram device, this has exposed a problem with not removing the child devices from the hash map when removing replacing devices. At the moment he changed device.c so that when any device is removed the hash maps are reset.
- Andrew Gardner updated the QT Debugger: Now saves all settings for all open windows - including docks in the main debug window. Also fixes bug where closing the main window with the X in the corner didn't save settings properly.
- Tormod updated taitotz.c: added romdumps from pwrshovl additional I/O PCB.
- R. Belmont and Nick Boos updated OS X: Support for both OS X native and Unix-style multiuser installs.
- Brian Troha updated the iteagle driver: add 1.02 bootrom, FPGA config ROMs, and PALs.
- R. Belmont updated the SDL port: Don't double-shutdown the font cache on *IX when exiting with the debugger enabled.
- Andy Welburn updated pacman.c: Verified original puckman roms and made that set the parent.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING