MAME 0.35b9 was released on 30 March 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria fFixed the Galaxian-style starfield. Believe it or not, it had been broken since day 1.
- Phil Stroffolino converted the System 16 drivers to use the TileMap system - they are now cleaner, faster, and support screen rotation.
- Bryan McPhail fixed hangs in Super Real Darwin when big bosses come, however the order they appear in is likely wrong (it's a protection issue). If you know the correct order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zsolt Vasvari emulated the protection in Jump Bug (Rock-ola). Some ROM splitup too, and fixed colors.
- Valerio Verrando added new tweaked 256x256 VGA modes (both scanlines and noscanlines) stretched to fill the screen to the DOS version. They are automatically used for horizontal games, and are preferable to the -stretch option since they are faster. You might have to adjust your monitor settings to make them properly centered and fill the screen (use the border displayed on startup as a guideline).
- Nicola Salmoria redesigned the struct InputPort to use less space, and changed how analog inputs are defined. An additional benefit is that the keys for digital emulation of analog inputs are now defined in the Keys for this Game menu, together with all other keys, instead that in the Analog Controls menu. The Analog Controls menu remains to set the other parameters.
- Nicola Salmoria added default strings for dip switches. For example, instead of "Cabinet", use DEF_STR( Cabinet ). The constants are defined in inptport.h.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added