MAME 0.71u3p was a private internal release and never released to the public.
It was released privately to MAMEDev on 7 August 2003.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont cleaned up the tmnt.c cuebrick addition, added SSriders bootleg (not working)
- Aaron Giles added some Slapstics used in Europe / Japan
- Nathan Woods added some minor callbacks to the artwork system in order to enable some MESS specific functionality without polluting artwork.c with a bunch of ugly #ifdef MESS's.
- Frank Palazzolo made vector cleanups / improvements
- Removed VEC_SHIFT and "magic numbers" stuff from all drivers, vector.c: all fixed point stuff is now always 16.16.
- Removed the "bad trench vectors hack" from Star Wars which I created in 1997. Appears not to be necessary any more :)
- Moved flipping and swapping API stuff from vector.c to avgdvg.c, this is specific to tempest and quantum only.
- Added clipping to Sega games per the schematics
- Using floating point in vector.c to do scaling.
- Removed dead code using Machine->orientation from vector.c
- Added capability to register an external vector renderer.
- Stefan Jokisch re-written and merged the drivers for Sprint 1/2 and Dominos
- Nathan Woods contributed various fixes:
- Fixes a bug in mame_fgetc() when reading characters between 0x80 and 0xFF
- Adds a new function, hash_verify_string(), that takes a string and checks to see if it is a valid hash string
- Added a consistency check that uses hash_verify_string() to make sure all of the hash strings are valid
- Nathan Woods contributed misc patches
- Raises the maximum number of ports to thirty
- Adds a few MESS specific IPT_* types (within #ifdef MESS)
- Adds state save support to i86
- Update from Anthony Kruize (MESS SNES driver author)
- smf improved the GFX in Starsweep
- Nathan Woods fixed the register editing when Scanline display is enabled in debugger
- Angelo Salese fixed the BCD conversion when using the Decimal Flag in ADC and SBC opcodes in the G65816 CPU core.This fixes at least the Act Raiser timer/score bugs.
- David Haywood added correct roms to Genix but it still doesn't work due to protection
under development, will be split from segac2.c once finished
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added