MAME 0.8 was released on 4 March 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in first-name alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- The sound initialization error checking was made more robust. Issues encountered will now inform the user rather than lock up MAME. Also, the "Silence" sound driver is supported as well.
- The "-nosound" command line switch was removed in favor of the "-soundcard n" switch, which allowed the user to select the sound driver to use.
- Added a ROM copyright notice screen when starting MAME.
- Added visible_area specifier to the MachineDriver structure. This allows MAME to display a specific rectangle within video memory as the visible screen, rather than all of video memory.
- Added function clearbitmpa(), which initializes a MAME bitmap using a given background_pen.
- Removed machine.c in favor of moving its contents into mame.c.
Working Games Added
Non-Working Games Added