MAME 0.84u1 was released on 4 July 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles fixed missing sound in Borderline (bootleg).
- Aaron Giles fully obsoleted the old input ports, modifying all drivers to use the new forms. Added a number of new PORT_* macros to handle all the previously-defined flags.
- Aaron Giles fixed several issues with the new input port system.
- Aaron Giles removed support for older format CFG files.
- Aaron Giles removed support for "cheat" ports and "reset CPU 0" ports.
- R. Belmont fixed several i960 bugs:
- Fixed bugs in the concmpo, concmpi, and modi instructions
- Added "text" and hex displays of the AC register for debugging
- Added TESTx opcodes to the disassembler
- Fujix changed listxml to output all game flags.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING