MAME 0.84u3 was released on 15 July 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont fixed graphics crashing, palette, sprites, and some networking registers in Final Lap.
- Ville Linde made several Seibu SPI fixes.
- Removed all remaining sound hacks
- Added some missing i386 opcodes
- Added support for external read/write handlers to the YMF271 (required for SPI flash ROM updating mode).
- Hooked up flash ROMs via the new YMF271 support.
- Fixed various crash bugs in rf2_us, rf2_2k, and rf2_eur.
- R. Belmont added a DMA kludge to get Derby Quiz My Dream Horse to boot.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli did a major rewrite of the Portraits driver.
- fixed scrolling
- fixed screen resolution
- added NVRAM
- added fake photo when you get the best score
- fixed service switches and coins
- added missing roms and the 2nd set
- smf fixed the PSX SIO timer so that it only fires when there is data to send & processes one bit per tick.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up and reorganized the DCS sound module. This required changing the way ROMs are loaded for all of the DCS-using games.
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash in the MIPS core introduced with the u2 changes.
- Andrea Mazzoleni changed the "driver.status" entry in -listxml to summarize all the status entries allowing frontends to completely ignore all the other flags.
- Andrea Mazzoleni fixed the generic_fopen() function to ensure that a rom CRC is present before using it. Otherwise, for NO_DUMP roms an uninitialized string variable is used in the search.
- Aaron Giles added the ability to tweak the refresh rate if -cheat is enabled. Use SHIFT to modify by 0.1fps, CONTROL to modify by 0.01fps, and ALT to modify by 0.001fps.
New games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING