MAME 0.88u6 was released on 17 November 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles contributed more Sega S16 improvements: video improvements, cotton title screen looks better but game currently suffers from other issues
- Bryan McPhail added support for extra effects in the Taito F2 driver
- Transparent sun in 1st level of Metal Black.
- Special effect on Metal Black level 5 boss who slides in under the bottom tilemap.
- All known effects in Gun Frontier (see the attract mode).
- The highlight effect in Quiz Crayon 2 map.
- The update also provides full 5 tilemap layer priority support in Metal Black (was previously 4 due to pdrawgfx limitation), and fixes priority problems in Ninja Kids (ninjak058gre).
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING