MAME 0.89u5 was released on 15 December 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Adjusted NamcoS2 sound balance
- Bryan McPhail updated the Solar Warrior driver:
- Fixed NMI & FIRQ handling according to schematics.
- Fixed clock speeds.
- Implemented GFX priority register/priority PROM
- Nathan Woods added misc updates
- Fixed disassembler calls, so that instructions are not falsely disassembled as 32-bit
- Implemented SMSW instruction
- Marked retf instruction as DASMFLAG_STEP_OUT
- Added macros for pushfd() and popfd()
- Nathan Woods added 'TRACEOVER' support to the debugger (see help)
- Aaron Giles added new debugger commands
- snap [<filename>] - takes a snapshot and saves it to the given <filename>; if <filename> is omitted, this is equivalent to hitting F12
- gi [int] [<irqline>] - executes until the current CPU takes the interrupt line specified by <irqline>; if <irqline> is omitted, executes until any IRQ is taken on the current CPU. This has been mapped to F7 as well.
- gv* [blank] - executes until the next VBLANK; this is useful for stepping frame-by-frame from within the debugger. This has been mapped to F8.
- Sebastien Volpe made various improvements
- palette, inputs, sound hooked up, backgounds 'decoded' (RLE)
- slight cleanup, sound hooked up, tile area identified
- jchan2 now passes initial checks
- kaneko16 (bonkadv):
- priorities corrected according Luca's scheme
- sound 'improvements' (both banking and rom loading)
- game name updated
- interrupts scheduling change (not correct, but somewhat improved, see comment) and as a consequence, fake region dsw is removed.
- srmp6: new driver, Seta System 12 ?
- many things todo, gfx decoding would be nice!
- David Haywood starteda minor cleanup of the System 32 driver (some things are probably broken for now)
- MAME32Plus fixed sound in hypereac2, sh2 bounds overflow fix, atarijsa memcpy fix
- Jarek Burczynski improved the Namco 54xx Noise Generator: Type A, and B emulated, type C algo still unknown
- Aaron Giles contributed a minor Sega Update:
- renamed dbrkr to desertbr
- cleaned up the math chip emulation, should be much closer now
- fixed off-by-1 column scroll in wrestwra
- fixed shadows in S18 so they don't affect any VDP-drawn pixels
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING