MAME 0.102u2 was released on 1 December 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Anonymous made some minor cleanups to the System 32 driver. Air Rescue and F1 Exhaust Note now share common multi-PCB faking logic.
- Bart Tobalske properly hooked up tape samples in Thief, NATO Defense, and Shark Attack now that sample pausing is available.
- Oshah fixed several uninitialized variables, incorrect string compares, and inconsistent variable declarations found by the VC compiler.
- Nathan Woods fixed the 16-bit i386 disassembly so it stays within the current segment.
- Philip Bennett made some minor Turbo Sub changes:
- Added some more notes.
- Corrected some hardware functions in accordance with the schematics.
- Alex Jackson tweaked the 68000 disassembler to display F-line traps in a more obvious fashion. Also changed to decorate jump targets for relative branches.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the Voodoo emulation code to be more accurate to the original:
- Support for multiple simultaneous boards (hello Silent Scope)
- Pixel-pipelined framebuffer accesses now work
- Alpha buffer operations now supported
- Triple buffering now supported
- Proper memory allocation and handling based on configuration
- Proper FIFO handling, including low/high water marks and stalling
- Approximate timing calculations based on quoted fill rate specs
- Detail textures implemented
- All math is done in fixed point
- Proper edges calculated for polygons (stars appear in Gradius 4 now)
- Much easier to add specific rasterizers now
This is a work in progress; some stuff is not quite right yet. Voodoo 2 emulation is completely broken.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING