MAME 0.103 was released on 29 December 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont completely rewrote machine/stvcd.c and .h. There's a lot less there now, but what's there is more understandable and works much better.
- David Haywood cleaned up/reorganized some of the messy Neo Geo code. Separated out bootleg-specific hacks into additional files.
- Lawrence Gold fixed chdman to support 64-bit file sizes on some *nix platforms.
- Mariusz Wojcieszek committed more ST-V updates:
- added idle loop skipping for rsgun
- added RBG caching
- added RBG "two screens" mode
- added Critter Crusher (not working due to missing inputs)
- fixed several bugs introduced recently with all the other changes
- Nathan Woods changed the i286 core to use the same INPUT_LINE_A20 that the i386 core uses.
- David Haywood added partial updates and boosted the interleave in the ddragon driver.
- R. Belmont added cdrom_get_track_length() to cdrom.c.
- Nathan Woods added an atexit handler to ensure trace files are closed in the debugger in the event of an early exit.
- Stefan Jokisch merged the Sprint 4/Ultra Tank drivers and made the following fixes:
- Ultra Tank:
- hardware collision detection (computer is now able to manoeuvre around barriers)
- sprite fixes (invisble tank option works, tank explosion sequence)
- playfield fixes (text colors are different)
- watchdog and coin lockout added
- sync and color proms added
- motor sound fix (previously this was hooked up to the wrong address)
- misc internal fixes like cpu speed, RAM size etc
- Sprint 4:
- sound support (inherited from Ultra Tank)
- watchdog added
- Stefan Jokisch fixed Triple Hunt and several older Atari games to use RAM mirroring for zero page memory.
- Brad Oliver fixed several endian issues with the SE3208 core and the Crystal System driver.
- Aaron Giles got the DCS-3 sound system working for Road Burners.
- Aaron Giles did some cleanup in the ADSP-21xx core to support program memory more correctly and support execution from multiple banks.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING