MAME 0.103u3 was released on 19 January 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont updates the H8/Last Fight driver:
- (H8) Limited vector reads to 24 bits
- (H8) Added SHLL.W, EXTU.L, SUBS.L #2, and SUBS.L #4 opcodes
- Includes Guru's readme
- Loads all ROMs
- Maps RAM for the stack
- David Haywood converted wcvol95 and hvysmash to use the 16-bit deco tilemap functions.
- David Haywood added BCD multiply to ARM coprocessor to fix wcvol95.
- Lawrence Gold added support for >4GB CHD files to chdman for non-Windows systems.
- David Haywood converted Super Burger Time, Vapor Trail, and Crude Buster to use the deco tilemap functions.
- David Haywood rewrote the Neo-Geo video system, removing distinction between raster and non-raster games and cleaning up the code significantly.
- Bob Seidel improved DIP switches for clowns, clowns1, and bowler.
- Nathan Woods added CPUINFO_PTR_DEBUG_SETUP_COMMANDS: a callback that is invoked to tell CPU cores to set up commands specific to a CPU core.
- Nathan Woods added SegBase() and SegLimit() functions to the i386 core debugger.
- Bryan McPhail made improvements to the Deco MLC games (added sprite buffering, fixed tile banking, fixed clear colour, added sprite clipping & ARM interrupt bug fix). The only thing left for this driver is really raster support for the pitch in Stadium Hero.
- Mamesick fixed Hang On stereo sound routine.
- Nathan Woods added memory_install_* calls that are not specific to specific bus widths (only for static handlers, not for function pointers).
- Derrick Renaud converted Crazy Balloon sound to use the discrete system.
- Phil Stroffolino did a major Namco System 22 update:
- Hooked up the real master DSP BIOS. Many games are now working or displaying graphics that were having problems before; removed many hacks as a result.
- Hooked up the runtime-configurable interrupt handlers, removing more game-specific hacks.
- Some improvements and additional documentation of video hardware.
- Emulated Alpine Surfer protection and fixed bogus loading of Point ROMs, though the game still has problems.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed the Wild Western bonus screen, where the horse would not scroll into view.
- El Condor cleaned up inputs in the bfm_sc2 driver.
- Alex Jackson fixed the display of opcodes in the old debugger for word-addressed CPUs like the TMS32010, which was completely broken before.
- Aaron Giles separated debugger break key from OSD display. They can now be programmed differently. Also fixed behavior in the new debugger when using the break so that text doesn't get entered onto the command line.
- Aaron Giles fixed order of operations in the expression engine if functions were used.
- Aaron Giles added timer support to the ADSP cores and hooked it up for the DCS games.
- Aaron Giles did many Voodoo updates to add Voodoo Banshee and Voodoo 3 support.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING