MAME 0.103u5 was released on 2 February 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli undid a fix for turbofrc37b1gre since it broke more things that it fixed.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli updated the Hyperstone core:
- Removed nested delays
- Added better delay branch support
- Fixed PC seen by a delay instruction, because a delay instruction should use the delayed PC (thus allowing the execution of software opcodes too)
- David Haywood hooked up a watchdog for NeoGeo games and removed a number of hacks.
- Sonikos fixed inputs in Renju Kizoku, Neratte Chu, Mayjinsen 2 and some dips in Neratte Chu, Mayjinsen 2.
- Atari Ace improved auto_malloc so it uses less memory and doesn't have a hard-coded limit on the maximum number of allocations. Also audited the use of auto_malloc in the code and removed unnecessary checks for NULL (since auto_malloc doesn't return if it fails).
- Nathan Woods fixed osd_fopen error reporting to return the correct value if you hit MAX_OPEN_FILES.
- Nathan Woods changed several byte operands in the i386 disassembler to be diassembled as unsigned rather than signed.
- Derrick Renaud updated the discrete sound system:
- Added new DISCRETE_CSVLOG module that lets you log discrete nodes as CSV (comma separated values) data.
- Modified discrete core to use the clock specified in the MDRV_SOUND_ADD line. If the clock is specified as 0, then the discrete emulation will default to the audio sample rate clock.
- Tweaked Phoenix Effect 2 sound to be more accurate matching oscilliscope data. Changed the Phoenix discrete clock rate to a fixed rate of 120000 allowing the simulation to be more accurate with less alaising noise at the cost of speed.
- Fixed the bug in the DISCRETE_NOTE module that produced notes 1 count off.
- Nathan Woods and Aaron Giles added support for registers that are not to be displayed in the register list. This is useful for registers like AX on i386, so that AX can be used in expressions but not represented on the register list. Simply precede the register name with '~' to prevent display.
- Nathan Woods added support for the various x86 8-bit and 16-bit derived registers, as hidden registers in the i386 core.
- Mathias Rosenhauer fixed the background music in ESB. Updated IRQ frequency and divider to match the schematics.
- Chaneman improved the DIP switches for rocktrv2.
- Aaron Giles separated the allocation of graphics data from the decoding. This fixes the crashes that were introduced in u4, and will allow for decoding progress to be reported eventually.
- Aaron Giles made a clean-up pass over all the makefiles. rules.mak is gone now, replaced by cpu.mak and sound.mak. mame.mak has been reorganized. All the makefiles are now commented and should be easier to follow.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the artwork scaling function to compute accurate sum over all contributing pixels. This produces better results when scaling high resolution artwork down to lower resolutions. Kept existing bilinear filter for scaling low resolution art to higher resolutions.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added