MAME 0.104u6 was released on 16 March 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Chaneman fixed dip-switches in Action Fighter.
- Chris Law improved samples support for Congo Bongo.
- xvi imported some improvements from MAME Plus!
- added save state support to pd4990a device for neogeo
- fixed crash in nitrobal/gunball (stage 4, right route)
- Atari Ace and Aaron Giles reduced global namespace pollution by marking many global functions explicitly static, especially in the CPU cores.
- Tomasz Slanina some improvements to Magical Error. Title and attract works. No sound. Hangs in game. Problems with shared mem and main-sub cpu communciation.
- Nathan Woods added validity checks to ensure CPU core completeness.
- Ville Linde added the missing commands and proper maker/device ids to the flash memory handlers for Fujitsu MBM29F016A, used by Konami FireBeat.
- Andrew Gardner added preliminary support for the Jaleco color blending hardware found in Psychic 5, Argus, and Valtric. (Some functionality is still unknown).
- Ville Linde did a major update to the Aleck64 driver. Still not fully working yet.
- Andrew Gardner fixed comment display for processors which use an ADDRBUS_SHIFT.
- Nathan Woods added accessors to return output values for the 6821 PIA.
- Nathan Woods added movie recording time to the internal profiler.
- Aaron Giles added oversampling support to the Exidy custom sound and to the DAC sound system.
- Aaron Giles updated Sega vector game drivers:
- Rewrote vector generator from schematics. Yes, it is supposed to be that jumpy on zooms!
- Corrected CPU speeds and cleaned up memory maps.
- Connected AY-8912 to Zektor for missing sound effects.
- Added emulation of the Universal Sound Board -- not yet perfected, but gets rid of the need for samples in Star Trek and Tac/Scan. Tac/Scan sounds pretty wretched now, but Star Trek is close.
- Fixed CPU clock speed on the speech board, but it appears to be a bit too slow now.
- This is still work-in-progress. Don't report bugs yet.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING