MAME 0.104u8 was released on 30 March 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Takahiro Nogi fixed hyhoo which was broken in the last round of changes.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh added emulation of the Alpha 8201/8301 MCU, and connected it to champbbj, champbb2, talbot, shougi, shougi2, and exctsccr.
- Nathan Woods added cpunum_set_clock_period(), a variation of cpunum_set_clock() that takes subseconds_t, providing better granularity.
- Andre Hufschmidt added save state support to the galaga.c and segaybd.c based games. Improved the "out of context" error message to indicate the source of the problem.
- Aaron Giles moved logerror handling into the core. OSD ports should set options.logfile to a mame_file handle for the output file.
- Aaron Giles hooked up Sega Universal Sound Board to Pig Newton.
- Aaron Giles added the -validate command to perform system-wide validation and exit with a proper errorcode.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING