MAME 0.106u12 was released on 16 July 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- MASH added a large number of previously-dumped PALs to various games across the whole source base.
- Roberto Fresca commited some graphics improvements to the Magic Fly driver.
- Cananas fixed the fire button INPUT_PORT of player2 in Lethal Enforcers.
- Cananas changed the coordinates where for offscreen lightgun reloading, moving it from the upper-left to the upper-right for better compatibility.
- El Condor fixed the interrupt clearing function in 6840 module.
- uRebelScum added multiple input controls in -listxml output for games with more than one type. Added pedal control type. Added more info on analog controls as defined in the driver: minimum, maximum, sensitivity, keydelta, and reverse. This required the 'control' attribute in the XML to be moved into an element. There can now be more than one 'control' element in the input secction.
- Krick improved the description of screens in -listxml. Multiple screens are now listed, each with their own attributes. Rotation is now fully specified (rather than just vertical/horizontal). The width and height now describe the raw game screen before any rotation.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that caused the UI to be impacted by command-line brightness, contrast, gamma controls.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that prevented the contrast from pushing vector games to their maximum brightness.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the Crystal Castles driver from the schematics:
- corrected clock speeds and frame rates
- reimplemented video system to use mixer PROM
- now using sync PROM to generate interrupts at correct times
- sync PROM is also used to determine proper visible area and VBLANK timings
- implemented the VRAM write protection by using the WP PROM
- hooked up second player trackball properly
- fixed coin counters
- now computing palette based on resistor weights
- watchdog is now set for 8 VBLANKs to match the schematics
- added save state support
- mapped complete memory space according to schematics
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug in JED parsing code that would checksum fuses beyond the number explicitly specified. Some programs write extra fuse data beyond the end and this should not be part of the checksum. Also made the checksum parsing more flexible to handle JED files with extra 0 digits in the file checksum.
- Aaron Giles removed the xml2info utility. The -listinfo format was retired over 2 years ago. It is time to move on.
- Aaron Giles changed the core makefile to put back specific rules for building EXEs to promote more commonality with platforms that don't put an extension on executable files.
- Aaron Giles added gapless variants to the dual and triple screen layouts.
- Aaron Giles removed 1 pixel border now that the Direct3D code is properly setting texture clamping. This should get rid of the gaps in the Darius layout, which were caused by bilinear filtering the last pixel on the screen with the black pixel border.
- Aaron Giles fixed -effect none to longer produce an error message.
- Aaron Giles removed the VIDEO_PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO_* flags for drivers. These flags were used inconsistently, and can be effectively computed if necessary from the screen width/height and orientation.
- Aaron Giles changed the on screen display so that pressing ENTER resets a value to its default.
- Aaron Giles moved all options to a single central location in windows/config.c. Cleaned up and reordered the options more logically.
- Aaron Giles rewrote windows.txt to reflect all of the new options and to update the behavior of existing options to match the current implementation.