MAME 0.106u4 was released on 5 June 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added new function mame_debug_is_active() which can be used by core code to identify when we are paused in the debugger.
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash when passing an invalid driver name on the command line. Centralized the approximate matching logic into driver.c so other ports can use it as well.
- Aaron Giles fixed extracting a path from driver name and adding it to the rompath so that drag & drop of ZIP files works once again.
- Aaron Giles commited more renderer updates:
- Fixed feature detection bug that led to false-positive warnings when starting up
- Removed extra vertex padding since some graphics cards could not cope with it
- Added shims to support both Direct3D 9 and Direct3D 8; D3D9 is the default, with an automatic fallback to d3d8 if not available
- New option -d3dversion can be used to specify preferred version for testing
- Added 1 pixel black border around all textures to ensure filtering on some cards doesn't result in garbage at the edge of the screen
- Enabled "do not wait" feature when unthrottled and using D3D9; this greatly speeds up unthrottled games, but seems to only work in full screen mode
- Switched from triangle fans to triangle strips
- Ensured that render states are only being set minimally
- Added code to reset the device if lost, allowing application switching out of full screen mode and fixing multi-monitor mode with resolution switching
- Aaron Giles added new function verbose_printf() which is used instead of checking the verbose global to print information to the screen. Changed all locations that were checking the global to use this new function.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status