MAME 0.106u6 was released on 18 June 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
- Aaron Giles
- Andrew Gardner
- Arthur Peale
- David Haywood
- Luca Elia
- Nathan Woods
- Olivier Galibert
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli
- R. Belmont
- Tim Schuerewegen
- Tomasz Slanina
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Malice minor fix for x64 compilation support with MSVC.
- Updated astdelux and omegrace built-in overlays for the new render system.
- Arthur Peale fixed inputs in the mcr68 drivers.
- Tim Schuerewegen fixed new debugger support for custom register lists.
- R. Belmont added a workaround to make the V60 core work properly on GCC 4.x (tested on 4.1.1).
- Olivier Galibert fixed the drc blitters better.
- R. Belmont improved Polygonet Commanders:
- Fixed Z80 IRQ/NMIs to go to the right CPU again
- Modernized memory map
- Added network status bit, so the initial test passes well enough to make the DSP56k crash on unimplemented opcodes
- Nathan Woods sent in miscellaneous cleanups to the Atari/Max-A-Flex driver, attempting to modernize it.
- Aaron Giles updated Sega multi-32 driver to support multiple screens.
- Aaron Giles backed off of the multithreading for the moment in order to focus on getting the rest of the kinks out of the new renderer. All the infrastructure is still in place and can be re-enabled by flipping the ENABLE_THREADS flag in window.c.
- Aaron Giles added support for "stretch to fit" when configuring a render target. Added back the "-keepaspect" option as a result.
- Aaron Giles added clamping to the prescale effect so that it doesn't try to create excessively large textures. Explicitly reset render states so that the prescale step is not filtered. Fixed StretchRect usage so that it doesn't filter on some video cards.
- Aaron Giles fixed the behavior of pixel aspect ratio when configuring render targets (was correcting in the wrong direction).
- Aaron Giles moved the thread priority logic out of ticker.c and into winmain.c where it really belongs.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
- Pasha Pasha 2
- Rock Tris
- Mahjong X-Tal 7 / Mahjong Diamond 7
- Janputer '96 (Japan)
- Watashiha Suzumechan
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING