MAME 0.107u3 was released on 10 August 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Olivier Galibert fixed track lookup implementation in Virtua Racing, bringing the game much closer to playable.
- R. Belmont did a minor cleanup and speed hack removal in the konamigx.c
- Roberto Fresca improved the magicfly driver. All graphics are properly decoded / banked now.
- El Condor made more improvements to the 6840 timer module. Updated the MPU4 driver to the most recent implementation. Convert Cosmic Chasm over to using the new system.
- R. Belmont did a 65816/377xx update:
- Made block transfer instructions interruptable as they are on both actual chips (previously a single opcode could eat >400,000 cycles with obvious consequences for interrupt timing)
- M377xx block transfers move one less byte than the 65816, fixed
- David Haywood adjusted the DAC sound level on the 2612 to something more reasonable.
- Ville Linde updated the Taito JC driver:
- Some general improvements to the driver
- Added some more opcodes to the TMS320C51 core
- Ville Linde improved the M2 driver so that the M2 kernel starts to boot, but it hangs quite soon due to some multiprocessor issues.
- ClawGrip updated several games' input ports to use IPT_BILL1 for bill acceptors.
- Brian Troha properly documented and connected the MCU code in the Namco System 1, System 86, Baraduke, Pacland, and Sky Kid drivers.
- Aaron Giles renamed "Native" views to "Pixel Aspect" views to avoid the confusion that they are anything but artificial aspect ratios.
- Aaron Giles added beam width control to the UI sliders.
- Aaron Giles did more Zaxxon driver cleanups/fixes:
- fixed sound problems in Razmataz
- corrected background and sprite positioning
- fixed bugs introduced in sample handling
- bootlegs and alternate versions work again
- added state saving support to the Sega universal sound board
- Aaron Giles added several common generic graphics layouts to vidhrdw/generic.c, for use by multiple drivers.
- Aaron Giles added new option -video none which can be used for CPU benchmarking without the overhead of the video system.
- Aaron Giles fixed remaining crashes in GDI/ddraw mode when drawing vector games.
- Aaron Giles removed the -artwork option to avoid confusion. If you want to run without any artwork, use -view standard instead.
- Aaron Giles added options -screen, -aspect, -resolution, and -view which apply to all windows. These values can be individually overridden for each specific window by using the existing -screen<n>, -aspect<n>, -resolution<n>, and -view<n> options.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that caused the sound sampling code to not track changes in the refresh rate.
- Aaron Giles began cleanup/rewrite of the Sega G-80 raster games. This is still very much a WIP, so don't report any bugs:
- cleaned up input port handling similar to the G-80 vectors
- proper clock and video speeds
- reimplemented Space Odyssey background including collision detect
- fully implemented Pig Newton background
- connected 2-board Monster Bash more correctly
- Aaron Giles added new macro PORT_SERVICE_DIPLOC for specifying a PORT_SERVICE and a DIPLOCATION.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING