MAME 0.108u1 was released on 24 August 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Sonikos fixed some DIP switches in bigrun and wildplt, and changed UK region to Europe in f1gpstar and f1gpstr2.
- Eugene Sandulenko made TIA-MC1 improvements:
- More documentation
- fixed inputs
- fixed video framerate and VSYNC delay
- adjusted CPU freq according to documentation
- removed hack with off-board video RAM
- implemented sound
- added NO_DUMP PROMs
- Brian Troha improved the documentation in the asteroids and tempest drivers.
- Brian Troha improved DIP switches and documentation in the Championship Bowling driver.
- Brad Oliver did a major cleanup/rewrite of the NES PPU rendering code.
- Brian Troha fixed the protection in the world version of Virtua Bowling.
- Brian Troha fixed the collision detection in Halley's Comet '87.
- Wolfi added a missing DIP switch to Hangman driver.
- David Haywood added a callback to the 68000 emulator for the TAS instruction, which allows different implementations based on external hardware.
- R. Belmont updated the Namco System 22 driver:
- Fixed ROM loading problems reported by Guru
- Hooked up Prop Cycle fan and lamp to the new output system
- Aaron Giles added new flag: VIDEO_ALWAYS_UPDATE, which causes the VIDEO_UPDATE callback to be called even on skipped frames. This should be used for games where the process of rendering has side effects such as collision detection that need to always be present.
- Aaron Giles fixed the new scanline timing functions to compute things correctly and without using unnecessary timers.
- Aaron Giles fixed inputs in the Sega G80 vector games which were broken in the last release cycle.
- Aaron Giles began cleanup/rewrite of the Turbo driver:
- proper video timings
- full memory map
- cleanup/simplification of the video code with better documentation
- some things are still broken, this is a WIP
New games supported or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added