MAME 0.108u5 was released on 21 September 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Vas Crabb fixed priority in galivan and danger (and clones). Added save state support to all games in galivan.c. Fixed portability issue in DAC audio save states.
- smf fixed a bug in the software renderer that prevented lower-resolution targets from being properly supported.
- Mathias Rosenhauer rewrote the Atari vector generators, using the schematics and actual state machine PROMs. The state machine is now emulated so timing should be much more realistic. Clipping hardware in bzone and others is emulated instead of hardcoded. Improved accuracy of clocks and various other bits of cleanup.
- wolf676 did some more cleanups to the getrivia, findout, and merit drivers:
- corrected order of buttons and lamps in the games
- removed impulse(2) from buttons -> buttons respond much better now
- added coin 2 to Selection and Trivia
- Poker and Sexual Trivia have no coin 2 -> unique inputs defined
- used PORT_INCLUDE() and PORT_MODIFY() where possible
- connected outputs for use with artwork
- Ville Linde commited major updates to the Nintendo 64 based driver.
- Roberto Fresca made more improvements to the pmpoker driver:
- Confirmed the GFX banks (a complete dump appeared!).
- Improved technical notes and added a PCB layout based on PCB pics.
- Found and fixed the 3rd bitplane of BigBoy gfx.
- Renamed Big-Boy to Golden Poker Double Up.
- Added 'Joker Poker' (Golden Poker version without 'double-up').
- Added 'Jack Potten's Poker' (same as Joker Poker, but with 'Aces or better' instead of jacks).
- Simulated colors for all sets till color PROMs appear.
- Completed inputs in all sets (except DIP switches).
- Canim undid previous (incorrect) 'fix' of shangha3 sound clock.
- Canim implemented some port conditions for gmgalax, so you only see the relevant DIP switches for the active game.
- ShimaPong did numerous fixes to the cheat engine.
- Wilbert Pol updated the TN2A03 CPU to match the proper cycle timings and unsupported opcodes revealed by Blargg's NES chip test.
- Mariusz Wojcieszek commited another big update to the ST-V driver:
- scsp: improved interrupt reset. diehard, dnmtdeka, vfkids,
- colmns97 have sound now
- vdp1: added mesh effect for the sprites
- vdp1: added polylines
- vdp2: optimized rbg rendering
- stv: added speedups for dnmtdeka and diehard
- stv: corrected some set names/descriptions
- Nathan Woods fixed a crash in Windows code if we are unable to create sound buffers.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that caused Turbo sprites to be exceedingly large.
- Aaron Giles began a rewrite of Grand Champion driver. Still work to do on collision detection, radar, and some glitches.
- Aaron Giles added new output utilities: output_set_led_value(), output_set_digit_value(), output_set_lamp_value(), which are used to set a generic indexed data type. Changed Turbo and Max-a-Flex over to using output_set_digit_value() for their digits.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the PNG reading/saving code, improving error reporting and simplifying the code significantly.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added