MAME 0.109u3 was released on 19 October 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods added missing InitCommonControls(), which caused the debugger UI to fail with recent updates.
- stephh fixed DIP switches and added second player controls for beaminv driver.
- Ville Linde did a major rewrite of the SHARC core:
- Bit-accurate reciprocals
- More accurate pipeline emulation
- Fixed the problems with operation latencies
- Regression tested a few floating-point operations for bit-accurate results
- Improved DMA emulation
This update will fix most (but not all) of the clipping problems in Gradius 4 and NBA Play by Play.
- wolf676 updated cardline driver lamps and layout:
- converted hardcoded fake lamps to new artwork system
- added button lamps card1-5, collect, bet, start
- added simple button lamps artwork "cardline.lay".
- re-ordered buttons and added "collect" button
- wolf676 updated funworld driver lamps and layout:
- added external credit in counter (mapped as coin 1 counter)
- added external credit out counter (mapped as coin 8 counter)
- added button lamps hold1-5, cancel, start
- added simple button lamps artwork "funworld.lay".
- Curt Coder added a COP420 core for the Altair games.
- robiza increased the interleave in Xevious to fix synchronization issues.
- Aaron Giles added a new output control system. This system is designed to support multiple output streams, and should replace all instances of printf in the code. You can now call one of these functions below to output data. By default, these go to the console, but they can be overridden by the OSD layer to route wherever is appropriate:
- Aaron Giles did some additional Grand Champion cleanup.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status