MAME 0.110u2 was released on 16 November 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods updated the MC146818 module to use new core date/time routines.
- Nathan Woods cleaned up disassemblers to remove stubs and ensure the disassemblers are not referenced except in debug builds.
- David Haywood added support for using CHDs to decrypt CPS2 games. This code is disabled for the moment, but will be enabled in the future. Only a handful of games have complete tables so far. These tables are huge (~4GB) and uncompressable until the encryption algorithm is understood.
- smf fixed a bug in the debugger that caused watchpoints to not be active until the next context switch.
- smf cleaned up the input definitions for n-way joysticks so they are more explicit. Added concept of a "16-way" joystick, which is a joystick that doesn't prevent simultaneous opposing directions from bring reported.
- smf commited a major System 573 update:
- fixed PSX SIO control register behavior
- implemented several SCSI CD commands: START/STOP UNIT, PAUSE/RESUME, READ SUB-CHANNEL, READ TOC
- added uPD4701 emulation
- fixed ATAPI reset, PIO, and command IDENTIFY PACKET DEVICE
- hooked up controls for fishing, DRR, and Guitar Freaks games
- hooked up CDDA audio
- removed some unused bytes from the Konami 80's security chips
- Canim fixed the upside down service mode in the commando.c driver.
- Atari Ace reorganized the Galaxian/Scramble driver:
- machine/scramble.c is broken up into two files, machine/galaxian.c and machine/scramble.c
- drivers/amidar.c, drivers/frogger.c, drivers/scobra.c get copies of some of the data structures they shared from other drivers
- galaxian_base is made static and uses outside of the main driver were rewritten
- cclimber_decode code from drivers/cclimber.c was separated into its own machine/cclimber.c file to allow mshuttle to share it without taking on other dependencies
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli made some improvements to trivia madness driver. There still is something wrong in the question roms banking.
- Mariusz Wojcieszek commited more updates to the ST-V driver:
- vdp1: added shading for sprites (used by znpwfv, cotton, others)
- vdp1: fixed sprite clipping (fixes incorrect sprites in znpwfv)
- vdp1: fixed transparency on colour lookup table sprites (fixes bad sprites in znpwfv)
- vdp2: fixed caching of RGB layer (fixes bad backgrounds on bosses in rsgun)
- vdp2: added additive blending for tilemaps and sprites (rsgun)
- vdp2: added vertical line scroll and linezoom (fixes diehard logo)
- stv: improved speedups for diehard
- stv: fixed speedups for znpwfv
- stv: added preliminary save state support
- Aaron Giles did a significant cleanup of chd.c:
- got rid of the horrible last_error concept; now all routines return an error directly
- fixed several issues in managing metadata
- changed compression and verification routines to be client-driven rather than monolithic
- changed internal codec usage to be more flexible
- altered chdman and MAME to use the new interfaces
- added new -createraw command for creating raw data CHDs
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash bug in romcmp when comparing ZIP files.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING