MAME 0.110u5 was released on 7 December 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Andrew Gardner made improvements to the Polygonet Commanders driver:
- Implemented various dsp56k opcodes
- Polygonet Commanders now gets past the memory tests
- Derrick Renaud added the final filtering stages to the sound, proper watchdog and memory mirroring to the circusc driver. Also added PORT_DIPLOCATION info and save state support.
- Nathan Woods updated vconv.c to support preprocessor and assembly file output in MSVC builds.
- Brian Troha improved DIP switches for Honey Dolls and Twin Adventure.
- Derrick Renaud removed the "Autocenter Speed" menu entry for Analog Controls that do not use it.
- Derrick Renaud added a "Digital Speed" of 0 in the "Analog Controls" menu. This will cause the control to only inc/decrement once per button press no matter how long the button is pressed. Remember this is still scaled by the "Sensitivity" setting.
- Derrick Renaud scaled Windows mouse Z axis by 30 to make it usable. Most mice inc/decrement by 120 for each wheel click. Some rare ones are 30. So this means for most mice, using a Sensitivity setting of 25%, you will get 1 inc/decrement for each wheel click.
- Mamesick cleaned up the cclimber driver, replacing hacks for cannonb with a separate video update callback.
- David Haywood moved the ST-V protection related code into stvprot.c and added some notes about the decathlete protection and renamed stvhacks to stvinit, because it contains most of the inits as well as the speedhacks.
- Roberto Fresca did a major funworld driver rewrite:
- Merged/splitted some machine drivers, memory maps and inputs.
- Unified get_bg_tile_info for all games.
- Mapped the input buttons in a better format (all games).
- Added proper color PROM decode routines.
- Splitted the driver to driver/vidhrdw.
- Corrected the screen size and visible area to magiccrd.
- Added the remaining 2 GFX planes to magiccrd; GFX are imperfect.
- Royalcrd: Added all inputs and DIP switches.
- Fixed jolycdcr gfx to 4bpp.
- Other fixes to get jolycdcr running.
- Managed royalcdb to work, using the 2nd half of program ROM.
- Managed jolycdit to work, but with imperfect graphics.
- Fixed CPU clock to 2MHz. in all remaining games.
- Fixed ay8910 frequency based on elephfam audio.
- Fixed ay8910 volume in all games to avoid clipping.
- Reworked jolycdcr, jolycdit inputs.
- Set jolycdat as bigdeal clone.
- Added the bipolar PROM and GAL to jolycdit.
- Added color PROMs to cuoreuno and elephfam sets.
- Corrected jollycrd screen size and visible area.
- Hooked, wired and decoded the color prom in jollycrd sets.
- Wired and decoded the color prom in cuoreuno and elephfam sets.
- Wired and decoded the color prom in royalcrd.
- Hooked, wired and decoded the color prom in bigdeal sets.
- Decrypted jolycdit gfx roms.
- Decrypted jolycdae and managed the planes to show correct colors.
- Nathan Woods made minor Unicode changes for the Windows code.
- Aaron Giles added serial in/out support to the Amiga hardware. Added hooks for output pins and light pen positioning. Also fixed the horrible static at startup in the debug build.
- Aaron Giles reorganized the laserdisc support a bit to accommodate new players. Added Sony LDP-1450 support.
- Aaron Giles added a new render texture format TEXFORMAT_YUY16, which is used to hold 4:2:2 Y/Cb/Cr format pixels. Updated the Windows Direct3D code and the software renderers to use this format directly.
- Aaron Giles added a new render texture fromat TEXFORMAT_PALETTEA16, which is the same as TEXFORMAT_PALETTE16 but respects the alpha component of the palette entry. Updated the Windows Direct3D code and the software renderers to use this format.
- Aaron Giles changed the render system to respect blendmodes for screen elements rather than hard-coding them. This allows individual VIDEO_UPDATE routines to do their own compositing.
- Aaron Giles removed the illusion from the rendering system that you could pass in arbitrary palettes. The system palette is all that is supported.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING