MAME 0.111u1 was released on 27 December 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Robert added more documentation for the 8080bw driver. It describes the ports and bits for those games with no sound. In most cases, sample sounds have been attached, in order to assist with further development. The games modified are: invrvnge/invrvnga, rollingc, spcenctr, gunfight, m4, gmissile, schasrcv, 280zzzap, lagunar, lupin3, phantom2, lueshrk, desertgu, ballbomb, yosakdon/yosakdoa, and shuttlei. Two games were marked NO_SOUND although they actually do have sound: these are cosmo and dogpatch.
- Nathan Woods moved a chunk of platform specific code out of chdcd.c and romcmp.c into the osd_tool code.
- Giuseppe Gorgoglione made widespread cleanup of disassemblers and CPU interfaces across the project:
- removed from many disassemblers the dependency on eainfo.h. The output produced by those disassemblers has been checked to be the same as before.
- extensively rewrote the 6309dasm.c and 6809dasm.c disassemblers.
- fixed minor bugs in the v810 and hd6309 interfaces.
- removed m68000\cpudefs.h. This was used by the old assembly m68000 core. Removed from m68kmame.c and m68kmame.h as well many references to the old core (e.g A68K0, A68K2, etc.)
- properly typedeffed the cpuinfo union, this affects cpuintrf.h and many, many, other files
- converted 8051dasm.c, m65ce02.c and t11dasm.c to use cpuintrf_temp_str() instead of local string pools
- moved the info.s = cpuintrf_temp_str() initialization to activecpu_get_info_string(), cpunum_get_info_string() and cputype_get_info_string(). This allows us to remove tons of info->s = cpuintrf_temp_str() statements from the xxx_get_info() accessors of every CPU core, making them more readable
- Lord Nightmare fixed a problem with the chirp tables of both the tms5220 and the tms5110. Also backported Jarek's PRNG implementation from tms5110.c to tms5220.c so it no longer relies on rand().
- Alex Jackson fixed two bugs in the m68000 core:
- fixed a miscompilation issue with GCC4 that was first noticed in Altered Beast but also affected Moonwalker, Galaxy Force 2, and probably many other games.
- fixed the core's compile-time self-configuration so that it uses the same code paths on LP64 platforms (64-bit Linux, etc.) as on LLP64 (64-bit Windows) and 32-bit platforms.
- Special LIU fixed implementation of da_a instruction in i8051 core.
- ShimaPong made numerous improvements to the cheat engine:
- NOTE : delete old command code and save it newly in Options menu.
- Added preliminary direct Program Space accessor. You can hack custom handling ROM code (eg encrypted segas16b.c games). But it has several problems. And added watchpoint display for Program Space.
- Added new operation, "Write if Match". The cheat engine writes value only when read value matched reserved value which is stored in extend data field.
- search menu:
- Added 3rd search mode, "Minimum Search Mode". It's more simple than Classic Mode. Also added search memory initialize with ui_clear key and extended value edit with arrow key in this mode.
- Added "View Last Results", "Restore Result", "Region Selection" items to the advanced search menu.
- result viewer:
- Don't open this menu to avoid MAME crash in case of no search region like sms.c in HazeMD.
- Added quick page switch by left/right arrow key. Also changed functions for several keys in this menu.
- Improved no result page skip. But incomplete because doesn't skip first or last page even if no result.
- code loading:
- Ignored to load old format code by default. If you need to load, choose "Load Old Format" item in Options menu.
- Fixed activation key save on Enable/Disable menu.
- Fixed key handling for watch code addition from watch list menu to cheat list. Now it works with ctrl + save cheat key on the watch list menu.
- Enabled ui_clear key in editing a value (clear data) and on watch list menu (reset all watchpoints).
- Added preliminary Debug option to check internal data.
- Added command code save. You can save command code with save cheat key in Options menu.
- Added quick menu switch. It is assigned to ui_zoom in/out keys. This function works in Enable/Disable, Add/Edit, Search and Watchpoint menus.
- Rearranged several items on the menus.
- Nathan Woods converted some isolated parts of the Win32 OSD code to use 'TCHAR' strings rather than simple 'char' strings.
- David Haywood removed ROM patches in the airbustr driver; hooked up watchdog instead.
- Ernesto Corvi reimplemented one-shot timer modes in the 6526 CIA (Amiga) emulation.
- Alex Jackson Fixed DIPswitch defaults for Quartet and Quartet 2.
- Robiza fixed incorrectly drawn graphics in troangel.
- Aaron Giles fixed a few more assertions lurking with the new stricter disassembler checks.
- Tomasz Slanina patched some protection checks in Funny Strip and Rebus. Neither game works yet.
- Nathan Woods changed -createconfig to output the INI file using mame_file rather than FILE.
- Mamesick fixed copy/paste bug in the Irem sound hardware dealing with MSM5235 chips.
- Luca Elia added new Toshiba TMP90840/TMP91640 CPU core.
- Luca Elia moved msm6242 real time clock to its own file.
- Luca Elia implemented blitter rom banking in dynax driver.
- Luca Elia added sound in Rapid Hero (samples banking is incorrect).
- Nathan Woods added remaining MESS sound cores to the core MAME sources.
New games supported or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING