MAME 0.111u6 was released on 29 January 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Ernesto Corvi fixed the data fetch and scrolling calculation for almost all video modes in the Amiga driver.
- Adam Bousley emulated the trench circuit in Space Encounters.
- Nathan Woods added win_output_debug_string_utf8(); a UTF-8 wrapper for OutputDebugString(). Changed code to use it.
- MooglyGuy fixed the disassembly, operation, and cycle timing of many Thumb instructions in the ARM7 core.
- Nathan Woods defined new osd core function osd_is_absolute_path(). Changed behavior of core fileio so that absolute paths are identified and search paths ignored in that case.
- Ernesto Corvi improved validity check for coinage order so that it prints out the correct order if an error is detected.
- David Haywood and Guru fixed clocks and other details in Dream World based on new measurements.
- Zsolt Vasvari implemented video circuits in the Midway 8080 driver based on schematics. Note that this affected the visible area, so overlays will need to be adjusted. Standardized the visible area across all games. Implemented Phantom II cloud generator.
- Atari Ace and Aaron Giles changed the contract of the tilemap_create() call so that it is guaranteed to succeed or die trying. Cleaned up code paths that checked the result of this operation to be simpler as a result.
- ElSemi added preliminary support for the built-in effects DSP in the SCSP, which lots of games use for reverb, QSound, and other effects.
- Zsolt Vasvari removed archaic i8080_EXACT flag from the 8085 core.
- Zsolt Vasvari updated Midway 8080 driver to use properly computed video timings and scanline interrupts.
- James Wallace fixed assertion in MPU4 driver. Fixed the mechanical meter operation, enabling coin entry in Connect 4.
- Dirk Best added mappings for break and pause keys.
- R. Belmont correctly connected sound IRQ in GX400/Nemesis driver.
- Zsolt Vasvari and Derrick Renaud rewrote the SN76477 emulator from scratch. The main difference between the old one and the new one is that it is based on measurements from a real chip. Also the emulator is fully analog, meaning that timings/frequencies, etc. are based on voltage levels. This gives a much more true-to-life emulation where the weird behavior of the real chip comes emulated for free. The code itself is also a lot simpler and more understandable.
- Oliver Stoneberg cleaned up stray variables from the crosshair drawing removal. Also removed some orphaned function declarations.
- Lord Nightmare added the missing volume and frequency controls to the Berzerk driver and s14001a core. Fixed the issue with random words being spoken instead of the proper ones. Word is now latched at the proper time.
- Zsolt Vasvari implemented flickering of the strobe light in Space Encounters, to be eventually connected with artwork.
- Aaron Giles changed driver_add/find/remove functions to fatalerror if they cannot find their targets.
- David Haywood fixed a couple of errors introduced in the OKI6295 pin shuffling.
- Brian Troha cleaned up DIP switches and added documentation to the Outrun driver.
- Brian Troha fixed sound clock frequency in the NMG5 driver.
- Sonikos fixed sound clock frequency in Night Slasher.
- Corrado Tomaselli updated Sega System 16/18 drivers to be mono, and swapped button 1/2 to match instruction card.
- Aaron Giles moved some of the tool sources to a new subdirectory tools.
- Aaron Giles tweaked the main makefile to better support parallel builds.
- Aaron Giles removed line array from mame_bitmap. Converted dozens of drivers over to using BITMAP_ADDR macros instead.
- Aaron Giles changed automatic crosshairs so they are not quite so automatic. They now need to be explicitly specified by the driver in the input ports. Also changed the PORT_CROSSHAIR macro to take a shorter form of the axis name. Updated all lightgun drivers to have this macro in its default state.
- Aaron Giles added sliders for debugging crosshair positioning (debug build only).
- Aaron Giles changed xevious to use irq0_assert_line instead of irq0_pulse_line to prevent it from dropping interrupts.
- Aaron Giles changed Gorf to use HOLD_LINE instead of PULSE_LINE for scanline interrupts. The timing is still off, but the game runs now.
- Aaron Giles fixed time H/V position reporting during the first frame of execution using the new video routines.
New games supported or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING