MAME 0.115u1 was released on 16 May 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- David Haywood added support for playback of "extended" INP files that are commonly found on compete sites.
- Ville Linde added the lswx and stswx opcodes to the PowerPC core.
- Atari Ace changed the DRIVER_INIT macro to prepend driver_init_* instead of simply init_* to be consistent with the other initialization functions.
- James Wallace corrected the pulse shape of the timer output in the MPU4 driver, and also correctly identified the AY sound chip as an AY8913.
- Zsolt Vasvari merged the leprechn driver into the gameplan driver and added correct video timings.
- Zsolt Vasvari cleaned up the dorachan driver. Replaced fake color map with actual color PROM decoding.
- Roberto Fresca rewrote the magicfly driver:
- Figured out how the protection works.
- Removed the hacks/patchs that formerly allow boot the games.
- Figured out how the buffered inputs works.
- Demuxed all inputs for both games.
- Unified the memory maps from both games.
- Added NVRAM support to both games.
- Mapped DIP switches.
- Managed the planes to get the 3bpp GFX colors accurate.
- Renamed the ROMs acording to pcb pictures and ROM contents.
- Cleaned up and optimized the driver.
- Nathan Woods moved the Win32 UTF-8 wrappers into a new module (winutf8.c), and added some new wrappers that Oliver Stoeneberg created for MAME32.
- Ryan Holtz updated the Aleck64/N64 driver:
- RSP: some opcodes bugfixed plus should work on big-endian targets
- Real PIF ROM dump now used and required
- Various other fixes
- R. Belmont and Ryan Holtz fixed the carry flag calculation for SUB/SBC/CMP family instructions in the ARM core.
- R. Belmont and Ryan Holtz made improvements to the ARM7 core:
- fixed 32-bit unaligned reads to "scramble" properly
- fixed carry flag calc for SUB/SBC/CMP family instructions
- fixed multiply-and-accumulate instructions
- added more instructions to the disassembler
- fixed logical and arithmetic shifts
- added more Thumb instructions
- fixed relative loads and stores
- fixed LSL/LSR with zero shift values
- fixed the disassembly of CMN
- verified behavior when ADD destination is the PC on real h/w
- Zsolt Vasvari rewrote the Space Firebird driver:
- Added star field, matches with the screen shot perfectly
- Video timings/memory map/interrupts from schematics
- Added support for the color fade effect
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli identified a couple of new opcodes in the Irem V30 CPU which improves matchit2.
- Aaron Giles changed the memory system behavior so that masks can be specified independently of mirrors. By default if the mask is 0 and a mirror is present, the mask is implicitly ~mirror, just as before. But if a mask is specified, it is not limited to the non-mirrored bits. This allows you to independently control the mapping versus what is returned to the read/write handler.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the Astrocade driver:
- fully implemented all function generator modes
- implemented pattern board according to schematics, including timing
- fixed interrupt handling
- added crosshairs to SeaWolf II
- added stereo sound and panning to SeaWolf II samples
- rewrote Astrocade sound emulation according to patent
- sound generation now uses proper LFSR for noise effects
- added partial support for Ten Pin Deluxe, including sound board emulation and internal layout
- Aaron Giles fixed sound in Inferno after all these years. Sadly, it required a hack.
- Aaron Giles added correct video timings for the Williams games.
- Aaron Giles added support for misaligned PIXBLT operations in the TMS34010 core. The code still needs cleanup but improves the new JPM driver.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING