MAME 0.115u3 was released on 30 May 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Wilbert Pol updated TIA graphics with code from the MESS repository. Also updated the Tournament Table driver to accommodate the changes.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed Space Firebird so that the sprites are opaque with respect to each other and bullets, but transparent with respect to the star field.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed subtle behavior in handling of PIA port A. This allows for the removal of hacks in the Qix driver and the Williams driver.
- Atari Ace cleaned up the tilemap get_info callbacks:
- regularized and clean up the existing callbacks
- changed some callbacks to use int tile_index as the parameter so that all callbacks use consistent naming
- folded some direct uses of tile_info.flags into calls to SET_TILE_INFO()
- changed the Konami drivers to manipulate the tile_info global only within the tile_get_info callbacks
- replaced all the callback declarations with TILE_GET_INFO() wrappers
- changed the interface to pass tile_info as a parameter and made tile_info a static variable only accessible inside tilemap.c.
- Zsolt Vasvari made significant changes to the berzerk driver:
- Video timings, memory map and interrupt system implemented from the schematics
- Hooked up colors according to the schematics as well. The colors changed significantly. For example the yellow robots are now more like a mustard color.
- R. Belmont made more changes to the ARM core:
- Fixed error in carry propagation on ALU opcodes of the form ALU r1, r2, r3 SHIFTEROP #imm
- Fixed Thumb ADD instructions where the PC is involved
- Fixed LDMIA to mask off bits 0 and 1 of the destination address
- MSR instruction now properly respects processor mode and field code flags
- Zsolt Vasvari modernized the Beam Invaders, Clay Shoot, and Embargo drivers.
- Corrado Tomaselli changed the sound balance in Thunder Dragon 2 to match the original PCB. Also verified the 68000 clock.
- Robiza fixed several more opcodes in the encrypted Irem CPU.
- Phil Skuse fixed the disassembly of brset and brclr opcodes in the 68HC11 core.
- Ville Linde fixed the tilemap colors in the Konami ZR107 driver.
- allentown_john fixed a bug with the INR/DCR opcodes in the 8085 CPU core.
- Zsolt Vasvari updated the PIA interfaces to support masks for port A/B inputs. This allows proper behavior of unconnected pins, according to the specs. Updated a number of games to use the new interfaces.
- Ernesto Corvi and Zsolt Vasvari fixed a bug that failed to initialize all IRQ states in the 6809 core on a reset. Also fixed cycle timing and removed obsolete code from the core.
- Zsolt Vasvari improved the toratora driver:
- added SN76477 from the schematics, but it sounds terrible; no doubt the schematics are incorrect in many places
- updated to the recent PIA changes
- Nathan Woods fixed input.c to use osd_ticks() instead of clock().
- Pete Rittwage fixed the bit calculation in 6526cia.c which broke joysticks in the C64 driver in MESS.
- Zsolt Vasvari made improvements to the rd2tank driver:
- fixed colors, based on the Red Tank flyer
- added AY8910's, sounds fine, but how exactly they are hooked up to the PIA is not fully understood.
- hooked up CRTC properly
New games supported or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added