MAME 0.117u2 was released on 26 July 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Phil Stroffolino updated the Imola GP driver:
- renamed from "monzagp"
- the leds are fully mapped
- fixes for blitter modes, that affect the "tunnel" area
- dipswitch/port fixes; game now starts in attract mode, rather than immediately starting
- placeholder (handpicked) colors
- Fabio Priuli updated DIP switches for topland & ainferno according to their manuals.
- Samuele Zannoli made more SH-4 core improvements:
- fixes some problems in the disassembly and instruction execution from the previous patch
- adds interrupt management
- implements register bank switching
- adds RTC timer counters
- adds memory refresh timer
- adds three timers of the TMU
- adds a configuration structure that specifies the processor mode pin settings
- internal processor clock frequencies calculated from mode pins and cpu clock
- systems using the sh4 processor secify its configuration structure
- Sonikos fixed some DIP switches in littlerb.
- Atari Ace made some minor code quality changes across the code:
- avoided exporting a few global variables
- fixed variable names that conflicted with typedef names
- removed some shadow variables that were bugs or unnecessary
- removed extraneous #defines
- Nathan Woods fixed up the sc61860 core, f3853 core, and pckeybd.c to work with new timing code.
- Wilbert Pol made more TIA improvements:
- fixed some minor missile graphics positioning issues
- moved some initialization code from tia_init to tia_reset
- Atari Ace fixed a few errors related to headers in the source code. Added missing self-includes, removed dead prototypes, and added location comments in headers in mame/includes. In a few cases the audit showed items that didn't need to be exported so they were made static.
- Roberto Fresca cleaned up the inputs in gdrawpkr and changed the hold buttons to "discard" since they are in fact discard buttons.
- Dirk Best added support for 14- and 16-segment LED displays to the MAME artwork system.
- Ernesto Corvi fixed the incorrect implementation of SSIO volume controls in the MCR driver. This makes the engine sound in Spy Hunter audible again, among other things.
- Nathan Woods added support back for the "none" option for the various *_device options.
- Captain Ahab fixed the HD6309 dissaembly of the post-byte for ,W++ and ,--W.
- Wilbert Pol updated the 6532 riot interface to be more like the 6522via and 6821pia interfaces.
- Aaron Giles improved the -listxml output to reflect new BIOS flag. New attribute isbios="yes" indicates that a given game is a BIOS.
- Aaron Giles made further tweaks to the game selection UI:
- disabled the tab key
- added hook for general input configuration from the menu
- split set names from friendly names into left/right columns
- added a background to the descriptive names of clones
- if you start with the game selection menu, hitting Esc to exit a game brings you back to the menu rather than quitting immediately
- fixed logic so that INI files are reloaded for each game
- Aaron Giles moved the INI file handling fully into the core. As a side-effect of this change, <exename>.ini is no longer parsed. Changed -createconfig to always output mame.ini instead of <exename>.ini as a result.
- Aaron Giles renamed run_game() to mame_execute(). The game driver is no longer specified as a parameter; rather, this information is extracted from the options via OPTION_GAMENAME.
- Aaron Giles fixed the raw input-based lightgun buttons.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up the options.c code. Added priority levels to options as they are set. New options are only accepted if they have greater or equal priority to a previous change. Added new function options_revert() to revert options below a given priority to their defaults. Changed options_get_string() so that it always returns a valid string (never NULL). Invalid strings are returned as empty strings.
- Aaron Giles added new functions core_filename_extract_base() and core_filename_ends_with() to corefile.h.
- Aaron Giles changed the menu rendering a bit. Added a background hilight to more strongly emphasize the current item. Added rendered arrows to indicate more items on the top/bottom and to indicate selection options in the DIP switch menus. Changed hilighting to be a bit less garish. Fixed repeat rates on keys to no longer be tied to the framerate.
- Aaron Giles added support for page up/page down generically in menus. Also made pause toggle work while menus are visible.
- Aaron Giles changed render_textures to allocate in a pool model, to avoid high memory overhead when allocating large numbers of textures (for example in the 14- and 16-segment LED displays).
- Aaron Giles fixed a number of 64-bit compiler warnings.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status