MAME 0.117u3 was released on 1 August 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont added some more setup code for the Naomi driver.
- BisonSAS improved the DIP switches in the powerins driver.
- smf added some basic cdrom switching to the system 573 driver. Hooked it up for best of cool dancers to work and the Club versions. Added DIP locations. Moved fake switches to the configuration menu.
- Tomasz Slanina added preliminary video hw emulation and sound support to the 2 Minute Drill driver.
- Wilbert Pol added an optional vsync callback to the TIA emulation to allow a driver to dynamically change the screen configuration.
- Atari Ace cleaned up redundant function names.
- Nathan Woods changed CreateWindowEx() call to be win_create_window_ex_utf8(), removing the need for a string conversion.
- Alex Jackson fixed running the konamigx BIOS on its own do what it should: display a scrolling marquee telling the operator to attach a ROM board.
- Nathan Woods added new debugger commands for hardreset and softreset.
- James Wallace added built-in support for 14-segment and 16-segment LEDs with comma/period additions. Split vacfdisp into component specific drivers. The system now supports the Rockwell 10937 (aka MSC1937) and 10957, as well as the BD1. All relevant drivers have been updated with the new code, and new layouts have been prepared.
- Aaron Giles separated the build tools from general tools. Build tools are now located in the build/ subdirectory.
- Aaron Giles added new general library module astring.c, which supports allocated strings of arbitrary length and a number of basic functions on them.
- Aaron Giles replaced assemble_x_strings() functions with the astring equivalents. Updated code in several places to use astrings where appropriate.
- Aaron Giles added new tool src2html which is used to convert the MAME source tree to HTML format with linked include files and color coded keywords and comments.
- Aaron Giles converted the memory pool code to a more generic resource pool. Changed internal MAME tracking of timers and save state registrations over to using the new system.
- Aaron Giles removed underscores from some keycode token names. Thus, KEYCODE_0_PAD now becomes KEYCODE_0PAD. This is to prevent confusion when parsing multiple keyboard items. Due to this change, also removed imperfect backward compatibility with older configs; some mappings will still work, but some won't. Note that this change will also break some existing ctrlr files; new ones will be provided.
- Aaron Giles did some cleanup of the tilemap interfaces. Changed tilemap type constants to be an enum prefixed by TILEMAP_TYPE_* instead of simply TILEMAP_*. Removed unused members from the tile_info structure.
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING